Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gay Guides Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

French protests against gay marriage bill

Featured Replies

Well I think is written a bit strangely. Simply there was a protest against gay marriage in France. It could happen in the US too. I think there will be people still against gay marriage even though gay marriage become accepted all over the country in the US in the future.

Let's focus on the fact that a presidential candidate in France can publicly campaign for legalizing gay marriage and be elected is liberal enough and there is nothing to worry in France. On the contrary, Obama not able to take more aggressive step for gay marriage in the US is something we need to worry about..

I was a bit surprised to be reading all the protests in France against gay marriage. I thought France was a very liberal country and gays were widely accepted. Have others who have spent more time there know about this?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-20382699

  • Active Members

It may be the case of conservative media over-covering a rather small group? Like Fox's extensive coverage of Tea Party crap but almost none of 99% which was *much* bigger...?

Just a theory, I'm curious as well.

I think organizers claimed that 200,000 participated in the protest but the actual number who participated seems to be less than that.. Now where does the difference come from?

It may be the case of conservative media over-covering a rather small group? Like Fox's extensive coverage of Tea Party crap but almost none of 99% which was *much* bigger...?

Just a theory, I'm curious as well.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.