Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gay Guides Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Archiving old Negatives

Featured Replies

I want to scan in a few thousand old negatives. Most are 110 and 35mm. I have not yet purchased a scanner to do this with. Has anyone else ever done this and if so, what device did you use?

I am looking at this one right now: Plustek OpticFilm 8200 Ai 35mm Film Slide Scanner

The problem is it is only for 35mm. :(

  • Active Members

I am an old negative aka conservative. Will I do? :smile:

Best regards,

RA1

  • Active Members

I used an older version of this one.

61NeA1u0zsL._SX342_.jpg

And here's another one that looks like it might be better.

31KJV7V7GVL._SY445_.jpg

But let me tell you that it was tedious. I think I was able to scan a half-dozen slides at a time, but each image had to be saved separately. Even in flat-out 'production mode', I doubt you'll spend less than a minute per slide.

I did it because I wanted high quality, and the local scanning service was merely middlin'.

Hope someone has a better suggestion. Or perhaps you could hire an eager college student to run them through for you over the summer. :rolleyes:

CuteGuy.jpg

Do you have a tablet or IPad? You can use it for scanning your films... I can do it for you with my scanners but it will cost you.. I want to go back to my home but the Magic slippers don't seem to be working... I guess you have to come get me in your hot ballon.. ^_^ Here is a clip that shows you can scan your negatives..^_^

  • Active Members

Finding a scanner with an adapter for 110 film may be difficult. Doing it manually will be tedious.

Maybe look at Costco? I know they have a film scanning service. At least for the 35, or maybe if you have a good-sized photographic store still in business around you...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.