June 11, 201313 yr Apple previewed their all new ui at WWDC yesterday. iOS7 has been built from the ground up. The press, blogs and average run of the mill people are calling it amazing, brilliant ahead of its time ..... HUH? I watched the preview and for the most part all I saw was what Android has been doing now for mmm about FIVE FUCKING YEARS! New icons - WOW hardly groundbreaking. Animated weather - My favorite. When being demo'd the crowd cheer wildly, really? None of them has ever seen a Android phone? Multitasking - Come on this is a joke right? Android has had true multitasking from day one ... thats 2008 bitches. Notifications can be pulled down from a locked screen - lol You mean this could not be done before? ... and so on... Now I am not a Apple hater I have owned, and probably will own again, Apple products. I really liked them ... they are extremely fluid and yes easy to use. It just really bugs me that a UI not even released and not even groundbreaking automatically seems to become leap years ahead and untouchable when all it is is a rehash of what has been out there for years.
June 11, 201313 yr Android apps are really inferior though. I'm amazed at how buggy they are compared to the Apple apps. I think it's clear that they don't have the stringent coding requirements that Apple does.
June 11, 201313 yr I think it's clear that they don't have the stringent coding requirements that Apple does. Of course Cook broadly hinted that general aspect of things may be changing as well. http://mobile.theverge.com/2013/5/28/4374700/apple-ceo-hints-that-ios-will-open-up-to-more-third-party-customization http://live.theverge.com/tim-cook-d11-liveblog/
June 11, 201313 yr Someone just tweeted: Last week: NSA has access to Apple's cloud; This week: New OS X will store your passwords in Apple's cloud #WWDC #PRISM
June 11, 201313 yr Active Members The new Mac Pro info is very interesting. Fascinating design, though something of a fuck you to many current users who currently use expansion cards to do different things. Everything'll now have to be external with a Thunderbolt connection, can't even put in a couple large hard drives... A bit of a cross between the wildly unsuccessful iMac Cube and a suppository...
October 9, 201312 yr i updated my IPhone 4s to the ios7.2, and now some of my apps are missing.. I re-synced my phone with my pc and nothing came back. Any suggestions from those more tech-savvy individuals?
October 9, 201312 yr do you keep your apps updated? Or do you let them just sit there unupdated? Some apps won't work under ios7 and some require iOS 7. Also if can get them all because all purchased apps are in your iCloud and can be resynced back on your iphone.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.