August 27, 201511 yr Mmm! (Seriously.) Garum sauce: ancient Rome's 'ketchup' becomes a modern-day secret ingredient http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2015/aug/26/garum-sauce-colatura-di-alici-italy-fish
September 5, 201511 yr Active Members Even though I do not cook with salt and, in fact, do not keep it in my kitchen or home, I do like anchovies. Therefore I will have to give this a try. Thanks. Best regards, RA1
September 6, 201511 yr Author I keep salt on hand only to use the requisite 1/4 or 1/2 teaspoon in cake recipes. It is needful there for the taste note and also the little bit it adds to the leavening.
September 6, 201511 yr Active Members Chowing down on rotten, oily slime skimmed from vats of decayed fish parts but worrying over your salt intake? You guys are a hoot!
September 7, 201511 yr Author Chowing down on rotten, oily slime skimmed from vats of decayed fish parts but worrying over your salt intake? Laughing at my sexual practices is not really too polite.
September 7, 201511 yr Active Members By now you shouldn't have to practice all that much. Best regards, RA1
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.