Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gay Guides Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Craigslist personals are now gone WORLDWIDE, not just USA

Featured Replies

  • Active Members

I had written to a couple of guys on Tuesday (five days ago) in anticipation of an upcoming trip to Costa Rica. When I went to look today, the personals section (which disappeared in the US about 6 weeks ago) has been deleted. The story is the same in Rio, London, and every location I checked. I logged into a VPN that would change my location to different locations around the world, and I was not able to access the ads from any location, so it seems that this is a true change, not just IP/country blocking. They also deleted the "therapeutic services" section from the services menu, where you could often find guys advertising for massage. I think guys will still put up ads in the services section (probably under Beauty Services or Travel/Vacation). It's incredibly disappointing that this resource has disappeared.

  • Active Members

I wrote a couple lengthy posts about it and where people might go when it happened in the US.  Since then and reading other things here, seems like Grindr is the main choice, in the Central/South american posts it sounds like it might've been even before the crackdown.  Wonder if that means Tinder for working women/bi?  

I haven't yet noticed the return to the streets I half expected, at least around Hollywood, CA.  

But I have seen that messages to hot shirtless torsos aged 18-24 mentioning gen get a 'how gen' reply as often as not.  Have hooked up with two lithe dancer-body bottoms lately, one's already been back once.  

Of course the problem is this will eventually attract unwanted attention and could be shutdown by either the app vendor or the gov't.  

  • Active Members
7 minutes ago, Latbear4blk said:

I do not think the streets will be back. We would rather find creative ways to hook up in social media than getting out of our phones and devices back to the streets. 

Not streets but the "lapdance" bars in NYC and FL will get crowded. You're right though, online will get creative.

America's moral crusade knows no boundaries.

  • Active Members
9 minutes ago, tassojunior said:

Not streets but the "lapdance" bars in NYC and FL will get crowded. You're right though, online will get creative.

America's moral crusade knows no boundaries.

I am missing Rockhard DC so much.

  • Active Members
24 minutes ago, Latbear4blk said:

I am missing Rockhard DC so much.

Last night Secrets had to close because a man had a heart attack and died. My ex was giving him c.p.r.nude. Told him he should have given him oral. B's oral could revive anyone.........A friend said he was talking to the guy when he died. I asked him "What were you saying??" Evidently, a death makes a place temporarily a "crime scene". 

Online so thoroughly killed off most of the in-person "business" bars that there's no real option for guys to go back to them....except in NY and FL. And, except for lapdances, turnover is slow compared to online.

 

5 hours ago, Latbear4blk said:

I do not think the streets will be back. We would rather find creative ways to hook up in social media than getting out of our phones and devices back to the streets.

Think this is probably right. Online social media will endlessly find ways to evade policing.

Also 'legitimate' physical sites/stores. Here in Raleigh NC, there are endless numbers of 'Asian Massage' parlors. Where their 'legal' menu offers -- fully state-certified -- therapeutic massage for men by Japanese and Korean women. But then of course they are all more than happy to go to a 'happy ending,' for a slightly higher fee.

No doubt men offering same-sex services will shortly find those same safe routes.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.