Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gay Guides Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

USA Passport Card

Featured Replies

"Same as a passport: go back and pick it up in 2 weeks or so." This is what confused me.

 

As for the card, I can only see it beneficial for people who live in US and only travel to Canada, Mexico and maybe, the Caribbean.

 

Remember, this card is only good for land entry (as I read), not by air. So if you are flying any of these places, you still need a passport.

 

It is intended for those living near the border that cross often, but have no need for a passport to other countries.

"Same as a passport: go back and pick it up in 2 weeks or so." This is what confused me.

 

Ok, that wasn't the clearest way I could have written it.

 

By "same as a passport" I meant that getting the card is the same process as renewing your passport: you hold on to the existing passport until the new one arrives.

 

I had my passport renewed at the BKK embassy 4 years ago. It was a simple process and I got the new one quicker than if I were in the States. I was also happy that they sent the 48-page version.

 

Again, I agree with GB that there's no need here for the card; I only disagree with "ripoff". It's gotta be sent from Atlanta, it's only $20, and it's totally optional.

 

The ripoff is paying $35 for witnessing a document; if you need two copies it's $70.

Having recently returning from Canada by car, it would have been nice to have the Passport Card. The US agent thumbed through my Passport commenting on all my trips to various places in the world. Not sure if he noticed they were all to Thailand.

Again, I agree with GB that there's no need here for the card; I only disagree with "ripoff". It's gotta be sent from Atlanta, it's only $20, and it's totally optional.

 

The ripoff is paying $35 for witnessing a document; if you need two copies it's $70.

To me, that's two rip-offs. Only $20? If it was $5, then I wouldn't be calling it a rip-off. You don't really think the cards are sent out individually by first class mail to the embassy, do you? Even if they were, how much do you think the postage is?

 

A third rip-off, as far as I'm concerned, is the price of a new passport. $100.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.