January 8, 201313 yr You are right, Fountainhall, and even if, as I truly, deeply hope, that Clarke was innocent of the charges, my view of the man has still been tarnished because of that nagging doubt. Collateral damage of the judicial system, and simultaneous trial by media? There seems to be no solution to the problem.
January 9, 201313 yr I have always been a fan of SF, and Arthur C. Clarke has been one of my favorites since Childhoods End. I too thought both the accusations against him and Pletnev were highly questionable, and agree that something should be done to insure that people or agencies who make such charges without proof are punished as severely as the individuals they blacken.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.