Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gay Guides Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Very Tired of Loud Music in GoGo Bars

Featured Replies

The following photo shows the type of pool attendants that might be appropriate for an Asian hotel! :p

I'm with KhorTose. z909 - please open soon :p

I'm with KhorTose. z909 - please open soon :p

 

Would be nice to do this :wub: .

I guess the trick would be to pitch it at the right level to be slightly erotic without attracting requests for tea money.

That's not what I had in mind :unsure: . The following photo shows the type of pool attendants that might be appropriate for an Asian hotel! :p

 

Very nice photo. Wherever those boys are would be a nice place to be. They look cute!

Very nice photo. Wherever those boys are would be a nice place to be. They look cute!

 

The photo seems to be from a Taiwan Gay Pride event.

Recruiting staff of that high standard might be difficult, but at least the Aqux underwear should be readily available.

The photo seems to be from a Taiwan Gay Pride event.

I am sure you are correct. The Taiwan event usually takes place in the September/October period, is the largest in Asia and drew an estimated 30,000 participants last year. I happen to find Taiwanese guys amongst the cutest in Asia. So I plan to be there later this year.

Visiting Taiwan is a good idea, I'm a bit jealous!!!

 

The Aqux clothing is terrific. What they really should do is ensure the guys on their website were as cute as these Taiwanese guys!

 

Also it's going for about 7400 yen =£56 or $90! I would think it might be possible to do something cheaper made in China.

Keep the sexy cut, but change the style & brand to avoid any copyright issues.

 

Must think of a suitable brand name.....

Visiting Taiwan is a good idea, I'm a bit jealous!!!

I'll take some photos and post them. Hopefully the may turn out half as good as the one posted above.

I'll take some photos and post them. Hopefully the may turn out half as good as the one posted above.

 

 

I enjoy reading all your posts and any photos you could post would be nice.

Thank you. Here's another photo - I think of the 2010 Parade

post-1892-034534700 1296145669.jpg

I'll take some photos and post them. Hopefully the may turn out half as good as the one posted above.

 

Thank you! I'm impressed by the photo you posted today. These Taiwan Gay Pride events look well worth visiting.

Thank you! I'm impressed by the photo you posted today. These Taiwan Gay Pride events look well worth visiting.

 

I agree completely. What time of year does this take place?

Last year it was on the last Saturday in October (30th). In recent years it has always been the end of October. Earlier it was held in late September. I cannot find the 2011 date yet. I'll post it when I do.

 

I must admit I did not take that photo and have never attended a Pride event in Taipei before. The nearest I got was 3 years ago when I arrived the day after. I was greeted with a newspaper in my hotel room showing a large front page picture of a host of gorgeous guys wearing only skimpy swimming trunks. I thought the fact that the editor agreed to put that pic on the front page was an indication that some of the gay taboos are slowly breaking down there.

After the pleasant distactions, back on Topic, sort of.

Recently in Jomtien Complex a friend and I tried to find a quiet place to sit, drink and converse, but that was difficult to find. Most of the beer bars had loud music which made any conversation impossible. Finally ended up at Ganymede. When will they ever learn....

Loud music in beer bars is even more stupid than loud music in gogo bars.

Surely conversation should be considered as an essential part of a visit to a beer bar, therefore there's no excuse whatsoever for music that is too loud?

Loud music anywhere can be annoying. This is not on topic, so forgive me. Ever notice how loud the sound is at the movies in Thailand? That coupled with the air conditioning set to "arctic cold" are two of my pet peeves.

Loud music anywhere can be annoying.

I can not agree more. It seems that Thais seem to thrive on noise as there is loud noise almost everywhere in the cities. Stand on a Skytrain platform and you are blasted with the noise of the traffic below and the sound from the vdo speakers near you. More times than not I have to ask for musak being played in restaurants to be turned down. Many public facilities are designed with no-one even bothering to think about the acoustic and its effect on, for example, shoppers and diners. I refuse to go near Paragon for the simple reason that the decibel level in the atria is certainly above accepted limits. A little attention to this in the design phase - or even a few very inexpensive acoustic treatments on some of the hard surfaces - would massively reduce the problem.

I have been a patient of a young Thai doctor that lives in the USA. I saw his photo on a gay website and contacted him. When he called me his TV was so loud I could hear the TV better than I could hear him! Must be something cultural. It makes no sense.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.