Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gay Guides Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The Worst Anti-Gay Slurs/Comments

Featured Replies

Those in the non-gay world call the LGBTQ community all manner of slurs and homophobic rhetoric, often writing letters of complaint. What do you consider were the worst?

In 2023 and 2025 the BBC showed a dating gay show titled I Kissed A Boy featuring exclusively gay men. Although achieving mostly positive reviews, some viewers were mighily pissed off. One, John Chapman, wrote this -

"Homosexuality is an unfortunate affliction which years ago was not tolerated & its practitioners persecuted. In this more enlightened era it is tolerated by most of society . . I find their proclivities abhorrent but if consenting adults with to do unspeakable things  to each other in private that is their affair. However I take extreme exception when they flaunt their persuasion in public, especially when they try to promote it among the young. I object in particular to gay pride & lgbgt marches and pageants such as this, of which the BBC should be ashamed."

That remark was made almost exactly 25 years after British TV showed the first episode of the landmark gay TV series Queer As Folk. In 2019 The Guardian rated Queer As Folk #13 in its list of "The Top Fifty TV Series of All Time."

On 9/20/2025 at 6:04 AM, PeterRS said:

if consenting adults with to do unspeakable things  to each other in private that is their affair. However I take extreme exception when they flaunt their persuasion in public, especially when they try to promote it among the young. 

I feel the same way about religion. I usually keep that to myself but you dragged it out of me.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.