Bullseye66

Mosaik apartment

I have booked a deluxe studio at mosaik for January for 3 week. It's in the area I like but having not stayed at the place before was looking for pros and cons of the accomodation there. Photos and description look good but would like BMs who have stayed theres views 

Firstly Mosaik is currently my favoured Pattaya accommodation.

Pros:   

1  Good value/quality balance.   

2  Good location, close to nice coffee shops, Sunee Plaza and Boyztown.

3  Good wifi.

4  Other guests OK so far

Cons:  

1  Occasional noise from noisy motorcycles at night.   This is on a fairly quiet slow side street, but the odd noisy one goes past.   The rooms facing the street have this issue.    The rooms at the back do not, but they face another Mosaik block about 1.5 metres away (fine for me, but some want more view)

2  If you book directly with Mosaik, the room rate excludes utilities & cleaning.    First visit, this was very reasonable.    On the second visit, my bill was ~100 baht per day.    Not too bad, but I am a light user & you could rack up a much higher bill than this:

The electric bill was 88 units for 15 days, totalling 616  baht.     I don't see how I got to almost 6 units a day, using the aircon for about 30 min per day.   I like about 26 C and was there in a cool part of December.  It wasn't even used on a couple of days.   Although they did have the lounge aircon running for ~3 hours non stop whilst the workman was replacing the bedroom aircon unit one day.   If you go there in a hot season and like 19C, this could get expensive.

Cleaning charges -I don't entirely understand their charging structure, since the charge for cleaning, changing bedding, each towel change and then the total bill amounts to less than the individual charges.   The attached bill is for a SINGLE day's clean, but the final bill was equivalent to ~60% of this.  I just adjust the cleaning frequency according to how much "entertainment" I have.   Again, you could top up your bill by 200 baht per day if doing the full clean every day.

I've tried the Junior suite and the smaller rooms at the back.  

The smaller rooms were booked via a booking site, pre-paid AND all the utilities were included.   That cost 828 baht per night in February.  Very good value.    

The Junior suite cost 1347 baht per night, in late-Dec & early February, after I factored in the utilities.    For some, the bill could be much larger if you pay for utilities & are a heavier user.

Mosaik cleaning.jpg