Guest BewareofNick

Benjamin Nicholas on Michael Jackson

Guest BewareofNick

In his latest 15 minutes column, Benjamin Nicholas made this statement regarding Michael Jackson:

I don’t care if Michael Jackson freaked off with little boys or not. It doesn’t really bother me. Fuck those kids. And fuck their greedy parents too. What’s important to me is that Michael is the greatest entertainer who ever lived. Bar none. Watch him dance; pay attention to the showmanship. No one EVER came close.

In my opinion, these comments are not only reprehensible they are a tacit endorsement of child molestation. The gay community suffers enough without having one of our own saying that he could care less whether or not Michael Jackon diddles little boys because his TALENT excuses it. WTF??? It doesn't make it right for R Kelly to didle little girls and it wasn't right for Roman Polanksi either. This is a highly irresponsible statement. I call upon Benjamin to delete this from his blog and to issue an apology. While there may indeed have been some money grubbers out there, child molestation is a violent and disgusting crime and should never ever be so casually dismissed.

• Members

I agree with your point on child molestation. Jackson was found innocent by a jury, but Benjamin is way out of line to say FUCK THOSE KIDS.

As to the greatest entertainer, Michael Jackson is an okay pick but so would Louis Armstrong, Bing Crosby, Ella Fitzgerald, Frank Sinatra, Judy Garland.

The bottom line is Benjamin Nicholas has a blog that he has to write every 10 days. It serves his purposes to write things that people find controversial.

Guest SouthernMan

BewareOfNick has never been a fan of Benjamin's, that I have observed, but he has also never misquoted. But that doesn't mean that lines can't be taken out of context and still quoted correctly. Not having read the blog in question, my comments are based on the quote not having been taken out of that context.

"Fuck the parents". That statement I agree with, as I've always thought that the parents of those young boys, did indeed sell their little boys to MJ for the money. I'm also convinced that the last trial happened solely because MJ had no money to pay off the parents in that case, as he has already been bled dry, monetarily from his previous payments to such parents. From what I've read, the only thing that is keeping him afloat financially is his ownership of the Beatles' musical catalogue, and he has already heavily borrowed against that asset.

"Fuck those boys". That has got to be one of the sickest, most cold hearted statements that I've ever read in any medium. Yeah, fuck the victims, and these young boys are just that, victims. Victims of a weirdo child molester and even worse victims of the sick people known as his parents.

How about a little sympathy and love for those boys instead of some cold "fuck you" attitude? The boys didn't get the money, their parents did, and no amount of money is going to come close to compensating the damage that was done to them.

MJ the greatest entertainer ever? I guess Benjamin has just as much right to state that as his opinion as people who are rebutting with their opinion. Me, I cast my vote with the rebutters. MJ, imo, couldn't cop a quarter in styrofoam cup, if he was singing a gig in a NYC subway station. A washed up has been that couldn't buy a hit record, and it seems that talentless, plastic surgeon enhanced sister of his, Janet, is right there next to him on the steps of the subway.

Guest straycat

If anybody cares to actually take the time to read the quoted text in context they shall find that Benjamin had his tongue planted firmly in cheek when writing it.

That aside Michael Jackson has NEVER been convicted of child molestation and anybody who continues to contribute to the rumor that he has molested children is doing nothing more than assaulting MJ. Not one of us knows the facts unless we have been directly involved.

Gay gossiping is really in poor taste and gives gays a bad image.

Guest BewareofNick

I read the whole thing, in context, and if he did say it tongue in cheek it was:

a) poorly executed

B) in bad taste

I don't know whether Jackson did it or not, but making light of child molestation is unconscionable. Even if some of these kids weren't violated by Jackson, they were victimized by their parents (the one point that BN got right) and to just dismiss them with a fuck you is completely abominable.

• Members

>If anybody cares to actually take the time to read the quoted

>text in context they shall find that Benjamin had his tongue

>planted firmly in cheek when writing it.

>

>That aside Michael Jackson has NEVER been convicted of child

>molestation and anybody who continues to contribute to the

>rumor that he has molested children is doing nothing more than

>assaulting MJ. Not one of us knows the facts unless we have

>been directly involved.

>

>Gay gossiping is really in poor taste and gives gays a bad

>image.

Gay Gossip?

I was in Russia in June when the Jackson verdict was announced. Even in St. Peterburg, everyone was discussing the case. Given MJ's fame, interest in the trial and his behavior are far from limited to the gay community. I agree with everything BewareOfNick said in his response to you about Benjamin Nicholas.

I am surprised that there has been no reaction here to Benji's review here. Is this good marketing or is Benji coming closer to crossing the line of good "taste"?