Guest PWIT

Suggestions

Guest eastburbguy

I am still trying to figure out the new Forum software and have only recently made my first post. For reasons obvious to those who read that post, I was and am interested in how members here can communicate with each other via private messages or email. I have concluded that if someone set out to devise a system to inhibit or prevent member communication, this software program would be their ideal result! :(

I am still trying to figure out the new Forum software and have only recently made my first post. For reasons obvious to those who read that post, I was and am interested in how members here can communicate with each other via private messages or email. I have concluded that if someone set out to devise a system to inhibit or prevent member communication, this software program would be their ideal result! :(

Here is one way I found to access the Forum's private-message function:

1. Log in.

2. In the gray-brown menu bar running across the top of the Forum, click "Members".

3. Locate your own Member profile.

4. Click on your name.

5. In the resulting drop-down menu, click "Send Message."

6. That opens a Send Message page from which you can send private messages and manage your inbox. Also, the left-hand side of that page bears menu items for managing email settings, avatar, and other useful things.

Possibly site management can tell us a more elegant way in. Or possibly they can let us know if private-messaging and other functions will, in future, be exposed in the UI in a more obvious way.