Guest EXPAT

Memories - 45 years ago

Guest NCBored

lol. I have never seen this movie - and at this point, probably never will. (That's not meant as any sort of judgment - I just think it makes me pretty rare for someone of my age (early 60's). )

• Members

OK, thanks. I am familiar with the music but never saw the movie. About the same era I saw Blazing Saddles (and enjoyed it). ^_^ Somehow, after I started flying, for many years I was too busy to go to movies so they now hold little interest. I did see The French Connection because a client took me to see it and, of course, Top Gun but almost nothing else during a 25 year span, more or less.

Best regards,

RA1

• Members

Interesting to read so many here haven't seen that movie...one of my favorites of all time. I tend to really enjoy older movies more and more, especially as I get older. I watch TCM all the time and have seen some real gems.

Guest hitoallusa

Aww that's so cute... I don't think I would have behaved well if I had gone to the theater when I was 4... ^_^ Sound of music is my favorite movie...

The Sound of Music was the first movie I ever saw in the theatre. I was 4 years old. I went with my sisters.

• Members

If memory serves, Sound of Music was the first movie I ever saw. Either that or Mary Poppins -- can't remember which.

I distinctly remember my first movie experience and it was Mary Poppins. And i remember falling asleep half way thru it. I would have been around 4 years old then.

Guest josephga

I've never seen Mary poppins either. I've seen mostly moves from around 1970s forward. I've never seen allot of the older stuff like gone with the wind, I was always mostly into horror, mysterys sci fi stuff. I remember having my parents take me to see halloween at the age of 10 and friday the 13 at the age of 12. lol I was lucky when it came to music and film and tv my parents never put any restrictions on those things

• Members

Mary Poppins is the first movie I remember seeing in a Theater. 1964, so I was 4. Funny how many people remember that movie as being their first. An indication of the demographics around here. Also remember watching the Sound of Music on TV.

• Members

I won't mention the name of the first movie I saw as a kid but it had a large animal in it which seemed to be attracted to a young lady and had a thing for tall buildings. ^_^

The second feature was about a Jaguar Man who killed young gals as they walked home alone at night from the village store. Gave me night mares for days. ^_^

Best regards,

RA1

Guest josephga

I won't mention the name of the first movie I saw as a kid but it had a large animal in it which seemed to be attracted to a young lady and had a thing for tall buildings. :smile:

Best regards,

RA1

was it the one with Fay Wray or the one with Jessica Lange lol