MsAnn

CNN Tonight: The Shroud of Turin

• Members

Seen lots on this in previous years. It seems to be an original fake or a fake original.

Although 'ancient' by modern standards, it seems to be several hundreds of years younger than needed to be authentic, either created to sell the 'Jesus meme', original fake, or somehow created independent of the 'meme' but later adopted by believers or scammers, fake original.

Bottom line, at least for me at this time: it is authentic but not Jesus, being created several hundred years later.

• Members

So far I found the first episode shallow and uninformative. More of a commercial trailer than anything else. CNN is going to get a lot of mileage out of this. Is it too late to delete a thread? :D

So far I found the first episode shallow and uninformative. More of a commercial trailer than anything else. CNN is going to get a lot of mileage out of this. Is it too late to delete a thread? :D

Not too surprising. If they outright said the thing is from the 13th century, they would piss off a lot of viewers.

"Fair and balanced!" :lol:

One dare not wonder what effect the Holy Prepuce would have.

...According to an unconfirmed 19th-century source,[9][10] in the late 17th century the Vatican librarian Leo Allatius wrote an unpublished[11] treatise entitled De Praeputio Domini Nostri Jesu Christi Diatriba (A Discussion of the Foreskin of Our Lord Jesus Christ), claiming that the Holy Prepuce ascended, like Jesus himself, and was transformed into the rings of Saturn...

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holy_Prepuce