AdamSmith

Warming of oceans due to climate change is unstoppable, say US scientists

Oh boy.

Warming of oceans due to climate change is unstoppable, say US scientists

Seas will continue to warm for centuries even if manmade greenhouse gas emissions were frozen at today's levels, say US government scientists

http://www.theguardian.com/environment/2015/jul/16/warming-of-oceans-due-to-climate-change-is-unstoppable-say-us-scientists

• Members

I always thought the oceans too cold to swim in but then I am not a great white or similar.

Best regards,

RA1

Whoopsie.

Stop burning fossil fuels now: there is no CO2 'technofix', scientists warn

Researchers have demonstrated that even if a geoengineering solution to CO2 emissions could be found, it wouldn’t be enough to save the oceans

http://www.theguardian.com/environment/2015/aug/03/stop-burning-fossil-fuels-now-no-co2-technofix-climate-change-oceans

• Members

I suppose we will have to find a tree that grows in the ocean, if there is such a thing. Might cure a legion of ills.

Best regards,

RA1

• Members

Sometimes it is sad to think my family name/lineage will die out with me but OTOH it might be sadder to think of some of the consequences that you obviously are. So, let's both go out like a Fourth of July rocket---with a big bang. ^_^

Best regards,

RA1

• Members

I know what you must do on Halloween. On other holidays, you must be the life of the party. ^_^

Best regards,

RA1

I have never yet enacted the notion of being carried into a Halloween party in a coffin, and lying there all evening without breaking character.

Something to live ( :rolleyes: ) for!

P.S. At Jale on Halloween night it was a tradition to dress up and run around to various campus parties, punctuated by a midnight Widor organ recital, etc.

The best costumes I ever saw were three preppy-looking friends dressed up in matching black suits, white dress shirts and narrow black ties of '60s vintage. One was made up to look long dead, with a bullet wound to the head; the second slightly more freshly dead; and the third very much alive, carrying an inflatable female doll whom he would periodically wet down with a water spray bottle and introduce to people as Mary Jo. :sick:

:lol:

• Members

There is plenty of time for the coffin bit, with you either live or otherwise. ^_^ Live, I would hope. ^_^ Is there such a think as dueling organ recitals? ^_^

I have some pix to share which are relevant but different. ^_^

Best regards,

RA1

• Members

Were these lads complete with coffins and, if so, did they have bells installed on the lids?

You know the point of going out with a big bang, do you not? In other words, I want to have my wake LONG before my funeral, as in while I am still alive. ^_^ Whiskey, beer and assorted favors included.

Best regards,

RA1

• Members

Of course you are still here to tell of it. After all, a wake also describes the after motion of a boat under way. ^_^ You and I are still "under way" or so I think. ^_^

Best regards,

RA1