mjd

Hotel recommendations for Colombo: Bogota, Medellin, & Cartagena

• Members

Could those who have visited Colombia please make some hotel reservations for these cities? I don't intend to spend much time in the hotel so I'm not seeking first class accomodations but would like a place that is conveniently located, safe and clean, and that would allow me to bring a guest to the room. I speak Spanish.

• Members

Could those who have visited Colombia please make some hotel reservations for these cities? I don't intend to spend much time in the hotel so I'm not seeking first class accomodations but would like a place that is conveniently located, safe and clean, and that would allow me to bring a guest to the room. I speak Spanish.

Rather than reinvent the wheel, you will find useful information and answers to your questions at this site:

http://www.boytoy.com/forums/index.php?/topic/23958-medellin/

Good luck

-

• Members

I was in Cartagena 2 years ago and rented a fabulous Penthouse on the beach from VRBO. Don't remember the price but far cheaper then nice Hotels.

Trip Advisor is your friend if looking for reviews of hotels as well as Booking.com.

Good that you speak Spanish because it is easily the most only Spanish city between Bogota, Medellin and Cartagena.

I don't speak spanish and even the restaurants had Spanish menus only and very difficult to get around if you don't speak Spanish. .

That said a very beautiful and Historic City o the Sea.

• Members

I just booked the Allure Bonbon on Cartagena for a January visit. Seems like a good location in Gethsemane just outside the walled city. But who knows whether they will allow a guest to visit. Even though it's just one person to the room I booked a double to be hopefully increase the odds.

When I had previous problems in Mexico with this I just registered the guy to my room and removed him the next day. Pretty obvious to them what I was doing but it met their safety rules and I got my hottie in.