DutchDork

Location Spoofing on iPhone to Access Grindr in Latin America

• Members

VPNs fail at changing the location on mobile apps because the location is determined via GPS and not through mobile data information. I want to chat with guys on Grindr in Colombia and Brazil in preparation for my trip and practice language skills as well. 

Has anyone of you successfully tried changing your Grindr location from the US to any Latin American country without jailbreaking the iPhone? Care to share how? I tried both Norton and VyprVPN but both failed.

• Members

@DutchDork : Why are you using your iPhone for this?  I always recommend using a VPN with a laptop in order to spoof the Colombian network.  If you want to spoof your location using a mobile device look for a location altering app.  I have an android and use the "Hola Fake Location" app to do recon before I travel.  I'm sure you can find something similar in the Apple App store.

• Members
23 hours ago, KevinC said:

have you tried finding the answer through Google?

I'm not the type to ask without at least trying. If you read my topic, you'd see I even tried VyprVPN and Norton. That's obviously how I learned they do not work.

Guest KevinC
10 minutes ago, DutchDork said:

I'm not the type to ask without at least trying. If you read my topic, you'd see I even tried VyprVPN and Norton. That's obviously how I learned they do not work.

So, did you try googling?

• Members

Well you might be right. But I just looked and stopped counting at 300 in a very small age range . How many do you need/? Also able to be location specific in an enormous city like Rio.  Most have multiple photos so you are not wasting your time with the 1 photo you get on Grindr until you make contac?  

No need to do fake your location in order to do search in advance of your trip. Different strokes for different folks but I find  Hornet superior in most of the world.

Guest Tommy3103
On 4-5-2017 at 8:48 AM, Darkseraphim said:

@DutchDork : Why are you using your iPhone for this?  I always recommend using a VPN with a laptop in order to spoof the Colombian network.  If you want to spoof your location using a mobile device look for a location altering app.  I have an android and use the "Hola Fake Location" app to do recon before I travel.  I'm sure you can find something similar in the Apple App store.

PERFECT TIP for Android. Download HOLA FAKE LOCATION, turn off all your apps. Turn of network and wifi. Keep GPS on.

Select the desired location in HOLA and activate. If it is not activated you need to set your phone on DEVELOPER MODUS

(see google how to do that. https://www.androidcentral.com/how-enable-developer-mode-galaxy-s7   

Once the location is set in HOLA (it turns red) activiate your Network connection again and start GRINDR. Amazing trick thanks to @DutchDork