RA1

Pranas Drulis

• Members

I have become lightly infatuated with this guy.  To the point of watching training films that he narrates.  ^_^  In this film he makes at least 5 errors that I observed.  For those as anal as I am they are:  He did not drain the fuel to check for water or other contaminants, he did not open the fuel cap to visually verify the fuel was actually in the tank (fuel gauges are unreliable), he did not observe the static port (necessary for the instruments to work properly), when he checked controls he neglected to check the rudder (this from the cockpit or cabin as he says) and he should not handle the prop in this manner, a magneto could be hot which could allow the engine to fire enough to break an arm or worse.

ATPL stands for Airline Transport Pilot License.

Best regards,

RA1

1 hour ago, RA1 said:

For those as anal as I am

Highly desirable trait in a pilot, seems to me!

As likewise in any kind of engineer.

(One strives for the same thing oneself, in investigating and reporting what engineering software technologies are mature and working reliably, vs. what new ones are worth investigating now, but to be deployed into first use only with high caution & watchfulness.)