Guest rentalb123

Pattaya Transportation To/From BKK

Guest rentalb123

Hello all, you have a great forum here and it is always fun and informative to read.....

I will be making my first trip to Thailand in late April. With your help previously I have selected the hotel (Ambiance), however, am trying to decide what the best way is to get from airport to the hotel.

Hotel offers R/T service for 4800 Baht, however, other articles have indicated that just getting a taxi at the airport is much less expensive. Thoughts?

Not sure how much I want to worry about couple hundred baht here and there, really am not good about bickering over the occasional dollar or two,however, would rather save a little if possible and use more as tips later.

Thanks for any ideas and thoughts in advance...

Guest HeyGay

Why pay that when you can have a nice man pick you up at your hotel and put you on a luxury bus to the Airport for 200 baht.

If your at the Airport and want to come to Pattaya, go to basement floor, ground floor to Thais, exit 7 ask for Bell Tansport Rep, then your be taken on a bus back to Pattaya and driven to the door of any hotel or apartment, one and half hours to airport from North Pattaya bus station.

Info or times and booking your pick up to Bus station, ring Bell Transport 038370055

Guest lvdkeyes
Why pay that when you can have a nice man pick you up at your hotel and put you on a luxury bus to the Airport for 200 baht.

If your at the Airport and want to come to Pattaya, go to basement floor, ground floor to Thais, exit 7 ask for Bell Tansport Rep, then your be taken on a bus back to Pattaya and driven to the door of any hotel or apartment, one and half hours to airport from North Pattaya bus station.

Info or times and booking your pick up to Bus station, ring Bell Transport 038370055

Very sound advice providing you arrive before 1800. I have used Bell many times and have had no complaints. The bus takes you to North Pattaya bus station and you transfer to a mini van which takes you to your hotel, all inclusive for 200 baht. Otherwise, follow the signs to public taxis and pay 1200-1400 baht. 4800 is exorbitant for a taxi.

Guest jtrack33

I didn't know Bell price of Bht200 included further transport to/from your hotel. That is useful. I used Bell's bus from the bus station to the airport (took only 1hr 10 minutes) for Bht150 recently, but last week, I checked in at the bus station and then canceled when they asked for Bht200...not because I am tight, but I was annoyed that they had increased their fare by 33% while the regular and just-as-good bus next door to Ekamai had dropped it's price from Bht121 to Bht116 and is a longer route......but as has been said, if it includes the transfer then ok I guess. I only use the airport bus because it's shorter and quicker and then I take an aircon city bus from the airport to Asok for Bht34.

But when traveling from the airport to Pattaya, there is a bus that leaves the airport bus station every 2 hours during the day and charges Bht106 and just as fast/good as Bell. But I have not yet discovered where it leaves Pattaya from. When you ask at the bus station they direct you to Bell only.

Guest Steve1903

4800B is a rip off no matter how you look at it. Got to be far better value for money than that going about. In fact its hard to see how there could be any worse value for money than that offer.

Guest MonkeySee
I checked in at the bus station and then canceled when they asked for Bht200...

They had a fare increase on December 1, 2008. This is a for profit company under liscense from the government. I have no idea how they make a profit even at 200 baht a trip.

But when traveling from the airport to Pattaya, there is a bus that leaves the airport bus station every 2 hours during the day and charges Bht106 and just as fast/good as Bell. But I have not yet discovered where it leaves Pattaya from. When you ask at the bus station they direct you to Bell only.

Another service that could be useful to some. Is it a small bus or van or a large bus like the blue and white government buses? Where in the airport transfer center do you find this bus? I only saw the many city buses and several vans.

4800B is a rip off no matter how you look at it. Got to be far better value for money than that going about. In fact its hard to see how there could be any worse value for money than that offer.

As mentioned by the original poster, the 4,800 is round trip - Ambiance web site shows 2,600 for one way, which is about double what I paid for private car (taxi) to/from airport about 9 months ago (tolls were extra). I have also used Image Limo in the past to/from Don Maung Airport - comfortable cars, reliable, and driver that speaks English. Their current one way rate is 2,700 Baht (tolls included).

Most of my arrival/departures were outside the hours Bell Travel operates. But, if you arrive during the times they operate, it is both convenient and economical. At my suggestion, a friend recently used them and was very happy with their service.

Guest Astrrro
Where in the airport transfer center do you find this bus?

The Bell Bus is great; have taken it many times.

The 106 baht bus is still a mystery to me. I don't know where to get it either at the airport or in Pattaya. Since it runs at night would be a good complement to Bell.

As far as taxis go was passing a stand in Pattaya today and the price was 800 to the airport or 900 from the airport.

I find, in general, that hotels that offer taxi services are almost always overpriced.

Guest shebavon
Hello all, you have a great forum here and it is always fun and informative to read.....

I will be making my first trip to Thailand in late April. With your help previously I have selected the hotel (Ambiance), however, am trying to decide what the best way is to get from airport to the hotel.

Hotel offers R/T service for 4800 Baht, however, other articles have indicated that just getting a taxi at the airport is much less expensive. Thoughts?

Not sure how much I want to worry about couple hundred baht here and there, really am not good about bickering over the occasional dollar or two,however, would rather save a little if possible and use more as tips later.

Thanks for any ideas and thoughts in advance...

The best deal I have seen for convenience versus cost is "Limo Pattaya". Door to door service, the last time I used it was but 1200 baht.

They will pick you up at the airport, just outside of customs, and be waiting for you with a sign bearing your name.

A reliable service.

Telephone 0857394949

Guest HeyGay

You get the cheaper bus, (106 baht,) by using to Free Airport Bus Shuttle to the Bus Transportation Center, just on the out skirts of the airport.

Or there is a desk for this bus by gate 8 basement/ (ground floor in thai) it goes alturnative Hours to Bell Transport bus, so if you miss one, you can get there other one.

or phone 021 344 099

Kaochang Gay Paradise.

http://www.koh-chang.com/bangbaoseahut/INDEX.HTM

http://www.ikohchang.com/th-bangbaoseahut.htm

The view is as you imagine in thailand, as if you have been washed up on a dessert Island, the pictures dont give it credit, only beach like this is Bang Bao Beach, opposit these Bungalows.

You can also catch a bus to Trat from Airport Bus station to Koi Chang Island Paradise. its breathtaking, Airport Bus 180 baht and 160 for ferry to Island, hire a motor bike and ring 0812850570 or 027439046 for a fabulous 5 star Beach Hut, with your favorite friend or friends in Paradise, you could wish for no more in life.

Dont tell any one, but the Gay Beach is Bang Bao Beach and if you want a luxury beach hut there, from 1600 a night, ring now, above number or 1/3rd cheaper gust houses, behind this place.

Its the best kept secret for only exclusive bathers, so dont spoil it.

Bang Bao Bay is a well protected bay at the southwest end of Koh Chang. The quaint fishing village Baan Bang Bao is built on stakes far out into the bay and has become quite a popular Gay friendly Beach.. Many seafood restaurants offer a rich selection of fresh seafood and small shops sell souvenirs or refreshments.

Bang Bao Bay has lately become a resort and recreation area with bungalows built on selected wonderful scenic sites. The Breathtaking beach at Bang Bao has clear waters with rocks and corals off its shores. A good place to fish, snorkel and swim.

Guest MonkeySee
The best deal I have seen for convenience versus cost is "Limo Pattaya". Door to door service, the last time I used it was but 1200 baht.

There are many car services available for the airport-pattaya trip. Mr. Toom charges 1,200 baht and Mr. T is another that is a bit cheaper. Mr. T was 1,000 baht for the airport-pattaya service the last time I used him. Both very relieable, nice cars, and safe drivers.

Guest lvdkeyes

Interesting, but not surprising, that the car services all raised their prices when the price of gas went sky high, but now that is back down low, the prices remain high.

Guest jtrack33

Astrrro and MonkeySee, the Bht106 service from the transport center/bus station adjacent to the airport(accessible by free white shuttle bus from arrival forecourt) is a blue and white one same as those from Ekamai and Mochit. If you are at the bus station/transport center, you have the mini vans at the end nearest the airport and then the yellow city buses...558, 556, 555, 554, 553, 552A, 552, 551 and 547. Then after 547, is the stand for the Pattaya bus and then Nong Khai and two other places. The Pattaya ticket office is almost infront of the Pattaya bus stand. The buses depart at 13:00, 15:00, 17:00 for sure that I know of plus many more times either side of those.

If you arrive at the airport and go to the bus station/transport center by white shuttle bus, you can catch bus 551 to Victory Monument, 558 to Central Ram 2 and 552 to Klong Toei via Ekamai. The fare is Bht34 and 551 goes like a rocket along Ram 9...you can get off at Asok if you want to catch the MRT or Victory if you want BTS. They don't mind you taking on large suitcases.

Guest MonkeySee
Astrrro and MonkeySee, the Bht106 service from the transport center/bus station adjacent to the airport(accessible by free white shuttle bus from arrival forecourt) is a blue and white one same as those from Ekamai and Mochit. If you are at the bus station/transport center, you have the mini vans at the end nearest the airport and then the yellow city buses...558, 556, 555, 554, 553, 552A, 552, 551 and 547. Then after 547, is the stand for the Pattaya bus and then Nong Khai and two other places. The Pattaya ticket office is almost infront of the Pattaya bus stand. The buses depart at 13:00, 15:00, 17:00 for sure that I know of plus many more times either side of those.

If you arrive at the airport and go to the bus station/transport center by white shuttle bus, you can catch bus 551 to Victory Monument, 558 to Central Ram 2 and 552 to Klong Toei via Ekamai. The fare is Bht34 and 551 goes like a rocket along Ram 9...you can get off at Asok if you want to catch the MRT or Victory if you want BTS. They don't mind you taking on large suitcases.

Thanks jtrack for the information. I will give the Pattaya bus a try. My experience with the city buses into Bangkok have been a good one, also. I rode a nice air-conditioned, half full bus #546 to the Democracy Monument for 35 baht. It was two o'clock in the afternoon and it took only about 50 minutes.

Guest Steve1903

The bus is obviously always going to look better value than the taxi/limo but after a long flight I just want a car right there and then to take me from airport door to hotel door. The faster the better.

Guest Astrrro

I think the Bell Bus is less hassle than booking a car.

They drive safe. If you book in advance they know where your hotel is. They're reliable and always show up.Anecdotal evidence suggest that perhaps 15% of booked car services are no shows. The no show is not that bad at the airport as u can hop a cab but very stressful if u have to make a flight.

I don't mind waiting a half hour or so for the bus.

Back in the States, I also use public transport for the airport.

Guest MonkeySee
The bus is obviously always going to look better value than the taxi/limo but after a long flight I just want a car right there and then to take me from airport door to hotel door. The faster the better.

I am with you. After traveling for more than 24 hours, it is nice to have a car waiting to whisk you away. Usually the flights I have arrive at midnight or 1 am and, of course, there are no buses to be had.

Guest rentalb123

Gentlemen,

Once again thank you for the information. I am arriving at a decent hour I guess, 0730, the one thing that I am not clear on is....

Is it as easy as it sounds to just make arrangements when I get there at the airport, either car or bus, such that worrying about booking in advance is not necessary?

Thanks again.....

Guest MonkeySee
Gentlemen,

Once again thank you for the information. I am arriving at a decent hour I guess, 0730, the one thing that I am not clear on is....

Is it as easy as it sounds to just make arrangements when I get there at the airport, either car or bus, such that worrying about booking in advance is not necessary?

Thanks again.....

If you want a car, I would book in advance. With the bus, no advanced notice is needed. For Mr. Toom care service call 0830178066, the fare is 1200 baht from the airport to your Pattaya hotel. Mr. T car service is also good. His fnumber is 0812587716 and the fare is 1,000 baht. The bell travel bus is a bargain at 200 baht. Meet their representative between exit door 7 & 8 on the bottom floor of the airport or call 038370055 or 0827474673. They will take you to the Pattaya bus station and then transfer you to a mini-bus to your hotel, all included in the fare. The last option would be to catch the free shuttle bus to the transport center at the airport. Catch the Pattaya/Jomtiem bus for 106 baht. They will let you out at Pattaya north, central or south road and then you would need to take a motorbike taxi, on your own, to your hotel. I hope that helps.