Jump to content
Riobard

Barcelona 2022; Thermas, Hunqz

Recommended Posts

  • Members
Posted (edited)

I had a few weeks staying in L’Geixample this quarter. I attended Thermas using two iterations of 5-pack entrance cards. The selection of escorts was dreadful compared  to several visits 2013-2019. Had I been armed with this knowledge previously, I’d have stuck with Fri/Sat exclusively. One of those weekend nights on one of the two weekends, I forget which, featured an improvement in offerings and transferred my spa blue-balls state to an overworked state, capitalizing on the availability. Overdoing it on the one occasion, unfortunately, seemed to trigger a subsequent rare episode of benign prostate hyperplasia shortly before the trip ending. I had always spread out the experiences on past trips. 

The basic trick rate seemed to be consistently 50 as in the past. I would not have accepted free sex with most of them. 

A few attendees recognizable from site ads, eg Hunqz, Telechapero, Morbototal wanted to pull up-charges. They were more attractive and perhaps wanted to try to split the difference with ad-based rates that seem to be generally 150-200. That’s a significant gap in payment structure that does not necessarily correspond to a 3-4-fold commensurate difference in physical appeal factor. In any case, these few appeared to be using Thermas if their other client source was slow. Obviously, one cannot generalize based only on my experience and perhaps some of these cross-over guys just abide by the fees that most clients likely think should be locked in to the setting. 

I did spring, unexpectedly as it is not my usual plan, for a few Hunqz hires. However, I was aware of their true identities for the sake of security. There were certainly a lot of what I thought were very appealing profiles. I believe the rule of thumb is 150 incall 200 outcall but I got those I wanted to visit me for 150. These were worthwhile sessions and it is understandable that most of these providers would not be putting out at low rates at Diputació, 46. I would definitely repeat with them in my home city if such types were available. 

Moreover, at Thermas they would be regularly exposed to a few tiresome obnoxious high-pitched screeching escort regulars horsing around or huddling in NA meetings, an aspect of the environment that clients and lower-key co-providers alike must endure. Counterintuitively, the spa offers no area for relative tranquility. Perhaps this has always been the case, but I suppose that is not a problem unless one is killing hours at a time waiting for good matches to appear. 
——

At Thermas I observed on at least one occasion a queue of towel-bearing clients at the reception wicket. I am not sure what transactions were occurring. If I have this right, other than possibly trying to make change from large to small denominations to pay for encounters, I think that some were using credit cards through the house payment system to issue funds to providers. Ordinarily, the credit card device would be employed only when dressed entering and paying or dressed paying one’s residual tab leaving. 
 

16225C20-3380-4627-AC68-FE861073A09B.jpeg

Edited by Riobard
Addendum
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
17 hours ago, Riobard said:

I had a few weeks staying in L’Geixample this quarter. I attended Thermas using two iterations of 5-pack entrance cards.

Thank you for the report.  I plan to visit Barcelona over the summer & this is certainly helpful, although very different from my last experience there.  Pre-Covid there were multiple quality options always - never a disappointment.  I will adjust my expectations accordingly.

And, there were always a couple of obnoxious escorts at Thermas - sounds like same ones doing same things. 

Re: Monkeypox - yes, that’s concerning.  Trying to figure out where to get chicken pox vaccine as that’s supposed to work against Monkeypox. Btw - meningitis also making a big comeback in American cities among gay men & there is an easily available vaccine for that. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

There’s a Monkeypox thread in Beer Bar if there is interest in keeping the topic coordinated and less scattered.

BTW, as I understand it, the chickenpox vaccine (Varivax) has its own benefits, ie, for chickenpox, that is a varicella virus, but would not be considered to have protective benefit for monkeypox, an orthopox virus, as is also smallpox in the orthopox class. Bears looking into it further prior to rushing into inoculation. For example, should one happen to pursue a Varivax course when there may be the possibility of rollout of currently limited monkeypox vaccine stockpile or, less likely, the huge stockpile of smallpox vaccine that is riskier due to greater potential of adverse events. There may be aspects of coordinating vaccination for two separate diseases that call for expert medical consultation. 

Again, further discussion of monkeypox, in which I am unlikely to participate in the near future, would be better plunked into the existing thread.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
3 minutes ago, Riobard said:

stockpile of smallpox vaccine that is riskier due to greater potential of adverse events. 

I think I was confusing chicken pox vaccine with small pox vaccine.

Chicken pox vaccine was used 1995 & later. Smallpox was standard back in late 60s & later…pretty much everyone got it routinely then.

ugh - Monkeypox 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
7 minutes ago, Riobard said:

Again, further discussion of monkeypox, in which I am unlikely to participate in the near future, would be better plunked into the existing thread

Ok - yes 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, Riobard said:

I think that some were using credit cards through the house payment system to issue funds to providers.

Yes...done that, since I don't go out with much cash....not afraid of getting robbed, afraid of losing control and spending too freely (for me).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
On 5/26/2022 at 2:02 PM, floridarob said:

Yes...done that, since I don't go out with much cash....not afraid of getting robbed, afraid of losing control and spending too freely (for me).

Out of curiosity is there a fee charged for this service? To cover the house’s CC processing fees if nothing else?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

My experience with the rate was slightly different. I was always quoted 50e even by the top escorts on Hunqz in Thermas. Most don't even talk about the rate and you give 50e afterwards. that could be because they talk very quickly and they know I know the rate. I think Hunqz is a bit more expensive but most latino guys would charge 100e for incalls in Barcelona and they are just so many of them. Telechapero is actually quite good and you can find many for 100e. 

I am currently in Barcelona and this is going to be my first BCN trip without a visit to Thermas because of monkeypox. I have a lot of family meetings in the coming weeks including my parents and young nephews, so I decided to take the safe route. but I might hire some I know from the previous times but still it is a struggle because they probably go to sauna as well...almost all of my contacts are from Thermas...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
11 hours ago, young11 said:

my first BCN trip without a visit to Thermas because of monkeypox.…but still it is a struggle because they probably go to sauna as well...almost all of my contacts are from Thermas...

I’m no advocate of celibacy @young11 but as this is a nasty condition, I feel you’re wise to minimise contact.
 

Perhaps this is the time to hire a well-regarded independent? I’d suggest you both take a shower before any interaction: that way, both of you will be reassured by the absence of a rash.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
2 hours ago, Tartegogo said:

Thermas according to google, is open 24/7, but what is the busy time? I assume 6 pm to 22 pm?

How is it at lunch time?

To add to my report of 10 entries recently, pretty much post COVID incidence height and all maskless, the more occupied window of time, FWIW as weekdays were actually never busy, was about 18:00-20:00. I showed up at 16:00-17:00 a few times and it was draggy for an hour or more. Mid-evening very subdued. I would assume the escorts are not coming in for lunchtime business unless they can come and go on a ‘split-shift’ basis without too much inconvenience. By word of mouth I heard that there may be an influx very late at night particularly when locals finish partying, I assume on nights where getting up early the next morning is less obligatory. As the escorts seem to have emptied out by 20:00-21:00 I assume it is another split-shift concept or perhaps a different cohort of providers in and after the wee hours. For some unclear reason, on my 2nd weekend visits there was an uptick in occupants compared to the 1st weekend. The weather was exactly the same, pleasantly sunny, the entire time in Barcelona. Some escorts came in with an early season sunburn.

——
I am now one of a select few officially inoculated against SPOXX/MPOXX with Bavarian Nordic’s Modified Vaccinia-Ankara. Not sure how much cachet this adds to one’s Grindr health status. LOL. (obviously not amused if it surges again though overtly manifest spread seems somewhat in abeyance)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
26 minutes ago, Riobard said:

the escorts seem to have emptied out by 20:00-21:00

Maybe they went to dinner @Riobard?
 

9pm is the most popular time to eat dinner in Barcelona restaurants in the week. And actually it can be difficult to reserve dinner in a good restaurant later than 9pm…unless it’s on a Friday or Saturday night, or at the beach in Summer

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/13/2022 at 8:10 PM, Tartegogo said:

Thermas according to google, is open 24/7, but what is the busy time? I assume 6 pm to 22 pm?

How is it at lunch time?

From my experience (two vists last year) it around 5PM to 7PM.

At lunch time I would expect it to be very quiet. I thought Thermas opens at 3PM....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/26/2022 at 10:28 AM, Slvkguy said:

Smallpox was standard back in late 60s & later…pretty much everyone got it routinely then.

Ha, ha, there was a doctor on TV saying there would be some people in Canada still alive who received the full course of smallpox vaccination when they were kids and may be protected from monkey pox. Actually anybody over 60, maybe younger, received the full course, I don't know exactly when it stopped.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
3 hours ago, xpaulo said:

Ha, ha, there was a doctor on TV saying there would be some people in Canada still alive who received the full course of smallpox vaccination when they were kids and may be protected from monkey pox. Actually anybody over 60, maybe younger, received the full course, I don't know exactly when it stopped.

Routine vaccination ended in Canada in 1972, and discretionary vaccination for travel or other purposes ended in 1980. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, Riobard said:

Routine vaccination ended in Canada in 1972,

My last shot was grade 8 which was 1972. Interesting. I remember it because I had a reaction and had to spend a night in quarantine in a hospital room.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
On 6/13/2022 at 2:10 PM, Tartegogo said:

Thermas according to google, is open 24/7, but what is the busy time? I assume 6 pm to 22 pm?

How is it at lunch time?

earlier. 3-21? 12-22 weekends?

 

surely Thermas will revive soon. there's a big young crew coming onboard. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

I think it's open from 3pm to midnight, unless they extended the time recently. Busy time from 5 to maybe 7pm, after that it slows down significantly. As I replied earlier, I didn't visit thermas on my last trip a few weeks ago because of monkeypox thing and I think it was a smart move. It's one of the riskiest environments at the moment. But Barcelona has many options outside as well. Actually too overwhelming to choose from. The best thing about thermas is that you can try and see who is good for 50e so it's a a good deal but many escorts in the city also offer a 30 min deal for 60 or 70e, though more famous ones don't do that because they are well established. Last time, I tried two: one I knew from the previous time (someone who doesn't go to thermas) and one completely new guy. He was nice but got a little bit of out of shape compared to his pictures. Nonetheless we had fun for 30min but actually it was shorter because I was very horny. He charged 60 or 70, I forgot but definitely not more than 70. It was good because I wouldn't hire him again but for that price range, it is worth the money and now I know I won't hire him. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, young11 said:

I think it's open from 3pm to midnight, unless they extended the time recently. Busy time from 5 to maybe 7pm, after that it slows down significantly. As I replied earlier, I didn't visit thermas on my last trip a few weeks ago because of monkeypox thing and I think it was a smart move. It's one of the riskiest environments at the moment. But Barcelona has many options outside as well. Actually too overwhelming to choose from. The best thing about thermas is that you can try and see who is good for 50e so it's a a good deal but many escorts in the city also offer a 30 min deal for 60 or 70e, though more famous ones don't do that because they are well established. Last time, I tried two: one I knew from the previous time (someone who doesn't go to thermas) and one completely new guy. He was nice but got a little bit of out of shape compared to his pictures. Nonetheless we had fun for 30min but actually it was shorter because I was very horny. He charged 60 or 70, I forgot but definitely not more than 70. It was good because I wouldn't hire him again but for that price range, it is worth the money and now I know I won't hire him. 

What app do you use to hire in Barcelona? Is it hunqz?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...