reader

New passenger terminal at Suvarnabhumi will be ready in April

From the Thaiger

The Airport of Thailand announced that the new passenger terminal at Suvarnabhumi Airport in Bangkok will be ready for use by April 2023.

The Automated People Mover train, which will be the nation’s first driverless electric train used in Thai airports, will be available for passengers to travel between each terminal at the same time too.

The President of the AOT, Nitinai Siriamatthakarn, informed the media that the construction of the new passenger terminal, Satellite 1 (SAT1) had finished, and it would be ready for use in April next year. He also added that the airport capacity would be increased to welcome 60 million passengers per year, up from 45 million passengers. And, with 28 aircraft stand taxiplanes, the airport will be able to support up to 68 flights per hour.

The new SAT1 terminal is a 4-story building giving way to 216,ooo square metres. The B2 floor is for the APM trains, the B1 floor is for the airport office, the G floor is for a conveyor belt, the 2nd floor is for arrivals, the 3rd floor is for departures, and the 4th floor is for restaurants.

4 hours ago, reader said:

The Automated People Mover train, which will be the nation’s first driverless electric train used in Thai airports, will be available for passengers to travel between each terminal at the same time too.

This is unfortunate.    I prefer to walk, particularly before and after long flights.  In my experience, most airports that have such trains don't have an alternative pedestrian route & if they do, it's not properly advertised.

Its  unfortunate they built a people mover between terminals because you like to walk ??     I find that quite selfish.  Not everyone is a world class jogger.    Elderly, disabled, family’s with small children.   Just an example of some that might find train a big help.    

2 hours ago, paulsf said:

Its  unfortunate they built a people mover between terminals because you like to walk ??     I find that quite selfish.  Not everyone is a world class jogger.    Elderly, disabled, family’s with small children.   Just an example of some that might find train a big help.    

For clarification, I don't mind the people mover, as long as they have a properly signposted alternative route for pedestrians.   Which is rare.

3 hours ago, z909 said:

For clarification, I don't mind the people mover, as long as they have a properly signposted alternative route for pedestrians.   Which is rare.

right

we have here two terminals connected by people mover and underground pedestrian tunnel , signs pointing  to which are almost impossible to notice  for uninitiated