Guest lvdkeyes

Restaurant Recommendation

Guest lvdkeyes

A friend, my bf and I tried a restaurant tonight that was suggested to me. It is the only restaurant in Pattaya that serves Indonesian food that I know of. It is a nicely, simply decorated place that looks like it was a private home at one time. The service was relaxed professional and the food was very tasty. We ordered the Rice Table which was supposed to be for two, but it was more than enough for the three of us. Their Rice Table consists of rice and 14 small dishes. We all had water to drink and we had 2 coffees and 2 desserts. The total bill was 1460 baht. It is worth a visit.

I forgot to mention that the chef (cute Indonesian guy) came to our table to be sure that everything was satisfactory.

post-30-1235578132_thumb.jpg

post-30-1235578161_thumb.jpg

Guest MonkeySee
the food was very tasty. We ordered the Rice Table which was supposed to be for two, but it was more than enough for the three of us. Their Rice Table consists of rice and 14 small dishes.

Do they have a specialty? Gado-gado, nasi goereng, nasi campur, chicken satay? All of the above.

Guest lvdkeyes
Do they have a specialty? Gado-gado, nasi goereng, nasi campur, chicken satay? All of the above.

I think their specialty is the Rice Table, which is what we went for, but I did notice gado-gado on the menu. Chicken and beef satay were part of the Rice Table.

Guest Astrrro
Gado-gado, nasi goereng, nasi campur, chicken satay?

If gado gado and nasi goering floats your boat then next time Air Asia has a sale book a flight to Bali. You might even be able to get one for not much more than 1400 baht.

These dishes cost about 40-50 baht and are delicious!

I have eaten there a few times. Yes, they do have Gado-gado - was quite good, in my opinion. They also have one of my favorites Rendang Daging (slow cooked beef in a spicy curry sauce - pot roast with a "kick"). The Rice Table is their specialty, but they have several other Indonesian dishes as well as Western and Thai dishes. The Indonesian chef (part owner, I believe) is nice and usually visits the table. He said that the 14 dishes are not always the same, depends on what he can get at the market. The western dishes are cooked by the other owner, who is Australian - steaks are imported Australian beef. Both owners are very nice and, I believe, the two of them are also partners in more than just the business sense. They also have Thai food prepared by a Thai cook. The waiters are generally attentive and, although I think they are gay, are not flirtatious (e.g., Mags and L'Olivier).

Not the easiest place to get to. It is located on Theppresit Soi 8 - going from Thappraya to Sukhumvit, make a left turn onto Soi 8 and it is a few hundred meters on your right. If driving, you can park at the Car Wash, which will be on the left a very short distance before the restaurant. The name of the restaurant is Villa Bali.

Guest lvdkeyes
Not the easiest place to get to. It is located on Theppresit Soi 8 - going from Thappraya to Sukhumvit, make a left turn onto Soi 8 and it is a few hundred meters on your right. If driving, you can park at the Car Wash, which will be on the left a very short distance before the restaurant. The name of the restaurant is Villa Bali.

Actually, if you go onto Soi 10 when coming from Thrappaya Rd then a left again it is shorter. Check out the map I posted.

Guest zzrichard

I believe we were there the same evening...the noisy bunch of 8 at the gazebo. The food was great and the service outstanding. Charlie and Andy are great hosts. Here is their url and a few pics we took.

http://www.indo-lavillabali-pattaya.com/Menus.html

I'll add the pics when I figure out how! Had one more pic to add, but ran out of room...

post-7114-1235658356_thumb.jpg

post-7114-1235658782_thumb.jpg