Aussie1978

The best saunas in Hk

20 hours ago, Aussie1978 said:

Hey friends,

what are the best saunas in Hk ?

hotong used to be amazing. A little sticky but lots of fun. 

any other suggestions ? 

I just spent around 10 days in HK at the end of May of this year. Last time I was there it was a few years ago and I remembered how great Hutong was. So i definitely wanted to check it out again. My impression is that the facilities continue to remain top-notch and really clean. Crowd-wise though, that allure of exclusivity that Hutong used to have ( and the discriminatory entry policy that came with it) are now gone. Out-of-shape or guys in their 40s and 50s make up a good chunk of the crowd now.    (A local twink I hooked up with told me explicitly: "I don't go to Hutong anymore, too many uncles in there"),

Having said that, it still attracts a huge crowd, so you can find plenty of cute local twinks, if you're into that. Plenty of group action or just watching in the inner dark rooms.

Price is a bit steep, around 258 HKD. Went there on a Saturday night at around 7:45 PM. It was already quite full. Peak crowd was reached around 9:00PM. It got so packed, almost should-to-shoulder. People started to leave from around 10-10:30PM. Had fun with 3 guys in cabins but played with 3-4 more in the dark rooms.

Overall, I would still rank it in my top 5 saunas and definitely the best in HK.

A note of interest about Hutong: it has one night when guys U-25 can enter for free. I saw the sign at the entrance advertising that. Most of it was in Chinese, so I just assumed that day was actually Saturday. However, I was with a local guy on Monday night and as were on the bed talking, i mentioned Hutong and he goes and says: "well, you should have gone tonight, young guys enter for free" I replied by saying that I saw the sign and that I assumed that was on Saturday. He replies: "It's definitely not Saturday, I think it's Monday" So If I was you I would do more research and then maybe try to also go on a Monday, beside the weekend.

The next day after Hutong, I also visited two more saunas in HK, both near Causeway Bay. The first one, My Way sauna, according to what I read online was supposed to be popular with the young and in-shape crowd that weren't happy anymore with Hutong.  They recommend to go on a Sunday evening as it's naked night. The reviews also mentioned that it was the most "sticky rice" of all the saunas. I get there around 6:00PM. The place is actually quite small, but what was worse was that there weren't more than 15 people in the whole sauna and around 5-6 of them were definitely not young but more around in their late 40s. Everyone was in-shape at least. Stayed there around 1.5 hours. Only 3 more people came during that period. There was pretty much no action in the whole sauna. Just people standing and walking around. 

Left a bit disappointed and decided to head to Soda Sauna, 5 minutes walk from My Way. The online reviews for it were also very good. Found the place not much bigger than the previous sauna but there were around 50 people in there.  However, I ended up being the youngest guy in there. Mostly were mid-to-late 40s, but you could see some in their 60s. Stayed only around 35 minutes in there. Only when I was all dressed up and handled my key, a cute twink enters the sauna. We exchange looks for a good minute but it was already too late for me.

So it's clearly I had the best time at hutong but there is a chance than the other two saunas are also good ( and cheap, in both I paid only 100HKD) and I just went at the wrong time or day so you might want to try them for yourself. I have read that Gateway sauna is also quite popular. HK has quite  a high number of gay saunas actually, quite the opposite to Taipei where Soi13 has no direct rivals (Han's Men aims mostly to mature guys). This though sometimes it's not advantageous as it just spreads out the crowd,  while in Taipei you know where to go if you are into local young guys.

Anyway, if you end up going to any sauna in HK, please write a report on this site, as it's definitely lacking that kind of info for a great city like HK.

2 hours ago, hojacat said:

I just spent around 10 days in HK at the end of May of this year. Last time I was there it was a few years ago and I remembered how great Hutong was. So i definitely wanted to check it out again. My impression is that the facilities continue to remain top-notch and really clean. Crowd-wise though, that allure of exclusivity that Hutong used to have ( and the discriminatory entry policy that came with it) are now gone. Out-of-shape or guys in their 40s and 50s make up a good chunk of the crowd now.    (A local twink I hooked up with told me explicitly: "I don't go to Hutong anymore, too many uncles in there"),

Having said that, it still attracts a huge crowd, so you can find plenty of cute local twinks, if you're into that. Plenty of group action or just watching in the inner dark rooms.

Price is a bit steep, around 258 HKD. Went there on a Saturday night at around 7:45 PM. It was already quite full. Peak crowd was reached around 9:00PM. It got so packed, almost should-to-shoulder. People started to leave from around 10-10:30PM. Had fun with 3 guys in cabins but played with 3-4 more in the dark rooms.

Overall, I would still rank it in my top 5 saunas and definitely the best in HK.

A note of interest about Hutong: it has one night when guys U-25 can enter for free. I saw the sign at the entrance advertising that. Most of it was in Chinese, so I just assumed that day was actually Saturday. However, I was with a local guy on Monday night and as were on the bed talking, i mentioned Hutong and he goes and says: "well, you should have gone tonight, young guys enter for free" I replied by saying that I saw the sign and that I assumed that was on Saturday. He replies: "It's definitely not Saturday, I think it's Monday" So If I was you I would do more research and then maybe try to also go on a Monday, beside the weekend.

The next day after Hutong, I also visited two more saunas in HK, both near Causeway Bay. The first one, My Way sauna, according to what I read online was supposed to be popular with the young and in-shape crowd that weren't happy anymore with Hutong.  They recommend to go on a Sunday evening as it's naked night. The reviews also mentioned that it was the most "sticky rice" of all the saunas. I get there around 6:00PM. The place is actually quite small, but what was worse was that there weren't more than 15 people in the whole sauna and around 5-6 of them were definitely not young but more around in their late 40s. Everyone was in-shape at least. Stayed there around 1.5 hours. Only 3 more people came during that period. There was pretty much no action in the whole sauna. Just people standing and walking around. 

Left a bit disappointed and decided to head to Soda Sauna, 5 minutes walk from My Way. The online reviews for it were also very good. Found the place not much bigger than the previous sauna but there were around 50 people in there.  However, I ended up being the youngest guy in there. Mostly were mid-to-late 40s, but you could see some in their 60s. Stayed only around 35 minutes in there. Only when I was all dressed up and handled my key, a cute twink enters the sauna. We exchange looks for a good minute but it was already too late for me.

So it's clearly I had the best time at hutong but there is a chance than the other two saunas are also good ( and cheap, in both I paid only 100HKD) and I just went at the wrong time or day so you might want to try them for yourself. I have read that Gateway sauna is also quite popular. HK has quite  a high number of gay saunas actually, quite the opposite to Taipei where Soi13 has no direct rivals (Han's Men aims mostly to mature guys). This though sometimes it's not advantageous as it just spreads out the crowd,  while in Taipei you know where to go if you are into local young guys.

Anyway, if you end up going to any sauna in HK, please write a report on this site, as it's definitely lacking that kind of info for a great city like HK.

Thank you so much for the detailed views. I will defo head back to Hutong. It's a shame the standards have changed (it is used to be in shape guys only), but I suspect they did that to survive post covid.

Thanks again