Jump to content
PeterRS

Gay Thai Chat Rooms and Asian Travel Web Sites

Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, PeterRS said:

... you clearly know even less about Chinese art - as well as sounding more than slightly stupid! Indeed, I wonder why you bothered even to comment.

@scott456 always fails at his Gotcha game because he doesn't realize he actually has to be able to back up his statements. 

It's like a blind man trying to play tag. 🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
13 hours ago, Marc in Calif said:

@scott456 always fails at his Gotcha game because he doesn't realize he actually has to be able to back up his statements. 

It's like a blind man trying to play tag. 🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️

Thanks for confirming I gotcha with the previous posts.  Now what is it like?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
13 hours ago, PeterRS said:

It seems you cannot distinguish between the Chinese Cabbage on display (and so named in the catalogue) and Bok Choi (not Bak Choi)! And if you cannot differentiate between a Chinese Cabbage and the other two artworks on display on the Museum's catalogue cover, then you clearly know even less about Chinese art - as well as sounding more than slightly stupid! Indeed, I wonder why you bothered even to comment. Oh, and yes, I am perfectly well aware it is made out of jadeite and not jade, but then some readers might not have known the difference.

Now can you please tell us your source for the broken Cabbage and when - as you have claimed - it was broken and repaired? For I can find no source whatever to substantiate your claim. It was certainly reported in 2022 that three artworks in the Museum from the Ming and Qing dynasties had been broken, but these had never been put on display.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/asia/taiwan-national-palace-museum-admitted-breaking-uninsured-ming-qing-dynasty-artefacts-3035871

In my brief post, I said the art work was broken and repaired.  I was expecting your response.  To my surprised, nobody (you and @Marc in Calif)   knows anything about what I was talking about.  Then I said Jade Bak Chol, then you went into trivials about my spelling and the material jadeite.  It is not my fault that you were not aware of the history and condition of this piece, and it is not my fault that you are now diverting the issue of your ignorance by going about trivials.  AND, it is not my fault that you are not able to find the info about this art piece now.  I am not your mother.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, scott456 said:

@hojacat confirmed many things about Taipei night life, both good and bad.  And, he did point out he is a rice queen.

BTW, so far, nobody has disputed the fact that the majority of gays in Taiwan are bottom.  

I wasn't really trying to give my judgment on anything specific about Taipei nightlife but just that it fits perfectly my taste and desires. Evidently it doesn't for you and that's totally fine. I'm in the same boat with some of the places mentioned by you like Bogota and Medellin. Been there, done that. Can't really say I enjoyed them, even though I can speak Spanish and had a good amount of sex while there, so no plans to return to those places.

You gave Taiwan a fair number of chances. I don't think you will get charmed if you go for a 3rd time. Would be better if you just avoid it as it doesn't really suits you for all those reasons you mentioned and I think you're honest when you're saying that they bothered or made the place unappealing to you, even though I don't agree or share them.

Nonetheless, Taipei is going to be remain a great gay destination for most, including lots of people in this forum. Same as will Columbia or Brazil, even though I wouldn't return there even if getting paid to do so.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, scott456 said:

It is not my fault that you were not aware of the history and condition of this piece, and it is not my fault that you are now diverting the issue of your ignorance by going about trivials. .

And you have totally failed to provide any evidence that it was the jadeite Cabbage artwork which was broken! @Marc in Calif in and I have provided evidence of the three pieces which were broken. No mention of the Cabbage. Source please to prove your statement. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, PeterRS said:

And you have totally failed to provide any evidence that it was the jadeite Cabbage artwork which was broken! @Marc in Calif in and I have provided evidence of the three pieces which were broken. No mention of the Cabbage. Source please to prove your statement. 

He won't provide the evidence because that particular piece of art was NEVER broken and repaired. 

We know the three pieces that WERE broken: two teacups and a plate.  And that is definitely not, as he wants people to think, an incident that was TRIVIAL! Those three pieces were valued at $75 million. 

Scottie has been desperately trying to find a source -- ANY source -- that will back up his original claim. But he can't because such a source doesn't exist.  🤡

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
15 hours ago, hojacat said:

. I'm in the same boat with some of the places mentioned by you like Bogota and Medellin. Been there, done that. Can't really say I enjoyed them, even though I can speak Spanish and had a good amount of sex while there, so no plans to return to those places.

You did say you are a rice queen, so  Bogota and Medellin are obviously not your cup of tea, after all, sex and guys are important factors when it comes to gay travel destinations. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
13 hours ago, PeterRS said:

And you have totally failed to provide any evidence that it was the jadeite Cabbage artwork which was broken! @Marc in Calif in and I have provided evidence of the three pieces which were broken. No mention of the Cabbage. Source please to prove your statement. 

 

11 hours ago, Marc in Calif said:

He won't provide the evidence because that particular piece of art was NEVER broken and repaired. 

We know the three pieces that WERE broken: two teacups and a plate.  And that is definitely not, as he wants people to think, an incident that was TRIVIAL! Those three pieces were valued at $75 million. 

Scottie has been desperately trying to find a source -- ANY source -- that will back up his original claim. But he can't because such a source doesn't exist.  🤡

Screenshot_20231121_055156_Chrome.thumb.jpg.013a02feb4d72925aa383ba732fb7a71.jpg

 

I rest my case.  I can't help both of you ignorant people.  I am not your mother.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, scott456 said:

I rest my case.  I can't help both of you ignorant people.  I am not your mother.

The case is still wide open, bub! This is your ONLY evidence? 😊

You conveniently forget that this blurb is from News of the World, a notorious British tabloid that had to close in 2011 because of way too many errors, scandals, and phone hacking charges. The most recent owner? Rupert Murdoch, of course.

AND you very conveniently forgot to add a URL/link so people could examine the original source. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, scott456 said:

I am not your mother, go do your own homework. You don't worth my time. [sic]

Nice to see you finally surrender, 4-5-6. You found an image and text somewhere online. It appears to have appeared in the notoriously lying and cheating News of the World.  But we don't even know THAT for sure. And you don't remember where you did this "homework" of yours after we asked for a source for several days. 🤣

NO other publication in the world has claimed that Jade Cabbage has a broken beard. No searches turn up that particular fact -- or any other statement that the Jade Cabbage was dammaged and repaired (as you originally and erroneously statement). You won't find that fact it either. 

Only YOUR one, single, lonely unsourced image... yeah, that's believable.  🤡

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/22/2023 at 10:36 AM, scott456 said:

I am not your mother, go do your own homework. You don't worth my time. 

You really are quite ridiculous if you believe a story which may or may not have been printed long ago in the long dead News of the World rag, famous for its frequent fake stories and many  lost libel actions. Indeed with no link, it appears just to be one of that rag’s quite frequent fraud stories. 
 

As for your comment yesterday at 11:03 am, IF it refers to my posting no link for the front of the catalogue of the National Museum, it’s a photo of the catalogue in my possession. But as I am in Taipei now, if @scott456 does not believe it is an original photo and does not believe the dozens of sites that include photos of the cover of that catalogue, I could go again and purchase another. But since he provided zero link for his false story about the Cabbage (in which he wrongly tried to mask his ignorance by calling it Bak Choi), it’s the last thing I’m prepared to do to show up his ignorance!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
9 hours ago, PeterRS said:

You really are quite ridiculous if you believe a story which may or may not have been printed long ago in the long dead News of the World rag, famous for its frequent fake stories and many  lost libel actions. Indeed with no link, it appears just to be one of that rag’s quite frequent fraud stories. 
 

As for your comment yesterday at 11:03 am, IF it refers to my posting no link for the front of the catalogue of the National Museum, it’s a photo of the catalogue in my possession. But as I am in Taipei now, if @scott456 does not believe it is an original photo and does not believe the dozens of sites that include photos of the cover of that catalogue, I could go again and purchase another. But since he provided zero link for his false story about the Cabbage (in which he wrongly tried to mask his ignorance by calling it Bak Choi), it’s the last thing I’m prepared to do to show up his ignorance!

 

On 11/20/2023 at 12:48 PM, scott456 said:

In my brief post, I said the art work was broken and repaired.  I was expecting your response.  To my surprised, nobody (you and @Marc in Calif)   knows anything about what I was talking about.  Then I said Jade Bak Chol, then you went into trivials about my spelling and the material jadeite.  It is not my fault that you were not aware of the history and condition of this piece, and it is not my fault that you are now diverting the issue of your ignorance by going about trivials.  AND, it is not my fault that you are not able to find the info about this art piece now.  I am not your mother.

Since you asked your Taiwanese friends about the proportion of gay top/bottom ratio.  May I suggest that you ask your friend on the issue of Jade Cabbage? Or you can spend more time on google to figure it out.  Again I am not going to do your home work for you.  It’s the last thing I’m prepared to do to show up your ignorance!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, scott456 said:

Again I am not going to do your home work for you. 

That's because you've proven that you don't know how to do your own homework. 🤡

Sourcing information means being willing to say where you found it. But you're afraid of doing that. If you actually had the source, you would be OVERJOYED to share it to prove us wrong. 😘

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/11/2023 at 10:30 PM, PeterRS said:

Worst in both are its hotel recomendations. The top two in Bangkok are the W Hotel and the Mandarin-Oriental! Soon after come the So-Sofitel, the Banyan Tree, Le Meridien, the Peninsula and the St. Regis. To be fair, it also lists the Tarntawan. But why such a cluster of just expensive hotels? I

In Taipei it places the Chinese-styled Grand Hotel at the top of its list. Why, considering it is so far from the gay areas and not close to public transport? Beats me. Advertising cash, I expect! 

Trying to bring this discussion back on-topic, instead of arguing back and forth if Taipei is a worthy destination (which can be done in its own thread) I think travel gay sites, in their hotel section, should mention clearly (though unfortunately almost none does) what's the general guest policy for hotels in a given city/country and mention if there is any hotel that goes against it.

A paragraph should also mention if the same applies to Airbnbs and if there is any trade-off with going with the latter like ex: security (though this might be more relevant in South American than Asia).

Instead, they just come with a list of places, slammed with overused "gay-friendly" label, which at best sounds limited and at worst just plain paid advertisement. If you really want to mention names at least provide some actual and concrete info relevant to gays, ex: Gryand Hyatt Bangkok is a popular place for homepas during the White party nights.

Info about the high and low season in a particular place will also be very useful, but unfortunately in none of the gay travel sites I consult before visiting a new place, you can find this type of information. So, usually the hotel section is the one even I completely skip or just give it a very quick glance.

On the positive side, I guess that's what makes sites like this portal useful and have people come to it often.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...