lmenard

Buying clothes

Hi,

I would like to take a small bag as I will take a lot of Air Asia flights and they always overcharged (my big bag even empty is heavy). So, I'm thinking to buy clothes in Bangkok. I'm sure I can find XL tee shirts but I'm not sure to find 39-40 UK size pants or shorts (50-52 french size) as thais do not have this waist. Do you think it can be found and where ?

Thanks

Guest jtrack33

Tesco Lotus display their pants(trousers...not underwear-type pants) in inch sizes shown on the hanger and the pants and certainly have 40 inch. Take a tape measure to be sure but I have found Tesco Lotus displayed sizes to be accurate. They also have changing rooms. Carrefour also have pants displayed in inch sizes but in my experience, the sizes quoted are different from actual...take a tape measure if, like me, you can't be bothered to try them in the shop.

"French sizes 50 - 52" means little to me.

But I have just had a thought...when you say "pants", are you referring to underpants/underwear? In which case, I am thinking XL is the best you can find in Tesco Lotus. Maybe XL is not going to be ok for you. I have a perfect BMI :lol: of 23 and even then they are barely large enough.

I have a perfect BMI :lol: of 23 and even then they are barely large enough.

Thank you, Lucky you are. I had also a perfect BMI 10 years old before medical issues. Now, I have a strict diet and I work out 5 days a week to,at least, keep staying around 120 kilogramms.

Last year, my check in rucksack weighed 11.8 kg & the hand luggage was 2.9 kg (with camera & netbook). So that's about 5kg spare I believe.

This included about 10 days worth of clothing, 3 guidebooks, mosquito repellant etc.

1 Find a large lightweight rucksack, preferably not too flash looking. Max 1.8 kg.

2 Only take small bottles & miniature toiletries. Supermarkets sell small sizes these days. Also, if you visit a hotel with nice small shampoo bottles, take the empty bottle with you for future travel. 1.3 kg.

3 Other

Levis 0.75 kg (heavy)

Lighweight zip off leg trousers 0.5 kg x2

Flip flops 0.54 kg. [Wear the other shoes]

T-shirts & thin jumper 2.8 kg

Trunks, underpants, socks 1.1 kg

Guidebooks & maps 1.7 kg [i visited 4 countries -cut this down for one!!]

Other (shaver, mozzie repellant, handkerchiefs etc 1.03

Use one of the many cheap laundry services when you run out of fresh clothing.

Guest fountainhall
Use one of the many cheap laundry services when you run out of fresh clothing

When I am on long trips, I always take two small plastic containers which I fill with some washing liquid and fabric softener. They weigh almost nothing. I use them to wash underwear and socks.

And if you ever need to dry clothing overnight, first dry it as best you can by rolling it up in towels and treading the water out. Then place it above you on the bed when you sleep. The heat from your body will work wonders.

Levis 0.75 kg (heavy)

Lighweight zip off leg trousers 0.5 kg x2

Flip flops 0.54 kg. [Wear the other shoes]

T-shirts & thin jumper 2.8 kg

Trunks, underpants, socks 1.1 kg

Guidebooks & maps 1.7 kg [i visited 4 countries -cut this down for one!!]

Other (shaver, mozzie repellant, handkerchiefs etc 1.03

You actually weigh all the stuff going in your suitcase?