Guest kjun12

A good cardiologist

Guest kjun12

Do any of you use a cardiologist (who you are willing to recommend) at either Bangkok Hospital or Bumrungrad in Bangkok?

Guest tdperhs

I know one but he won't be available for a couple of more months. He is recovering from his third heart attack.

Seriously, I recommend a trip to the Queen's Hospital in Sattahip. About 45 minutes by motorbike, unless you are riding with me, then it's 10. It's not the most modern hospital, more like Civil War vintage, the one between the Yorks and the Lancasters. However, the doctors are military and most have studied in the U.S. and U.K. and their English is pretty good. I believe the cardiologist also has a clinic in Pattaya but you'll have to find that out yourself.

Been there four times. The last time I was admitted while vomiting blood. Was four days in a ward, had X-rays and Endoscopy. Total bill with medication, 4500 baht. They also reviewed my hypertension medication and changed it. Spent 12 hours in Bangkok-Pattaya Hospital for dehydration. Got an armful of saline and potassium. Cost: 17,000 baht.

Good luck.

Guest tdperhs

Bumrungrad charges over Bt. 10,000 for the endoscopy alone!

The doctor who performed mine spoke impeccable English - American, of course - and Lord, was he hot. I considered sipping some battery acid just to get him to treat me again.

If you ever have cause to visit the hospital, find a reason to peek in at the gastroenteritis office, one flight up from the main lobby and around to the left. He'll be the tall one that everybody moves aside for.

I have used Dr. Manoon at Bangkok Hospital Pattaya for the past 8 years and have been satisfied with his medical care. A few years ago, I had an angiogram followed about a week later with an angioplasty in the Cath lab at Bangkok Hospital Pattaya. I recently started having shortness of breath after mild exertion. Dr. Manoon diagnosed the problem as a pulmonary embolism (blood clots in the lungs) and the treatment prescribed is appropriate for the condition (I trust Dr. Manoon, but I still use google to get information on any medical ailment I might have or any new medicine prescribed).

Queen Sirikit Hospital near Sattahip and the Naval Base is considered the best Gov't hospital in the area - but if an emergency, it does take time to get there. Being a Gov't hospital, the costs savings from the private hospitals such as Bangkok Pattaya, Pattaya International, or Pattaya Memorial can be significant. I prefer to use Bangkok Pattaya as I have found the doctors I use there to very good and its location is convenient (if cost was a major factor, I might think differently, but since my USA health insurance covers me here in Thailand, I will continue to use Bangkok Pattaya).

Guest Geezer

Six years ago, upon finding I needed an aortic valve replacement, I did an extensive search of Thai cardiologist’s qualifications.

Bumrungrad Hospital’s website lists four separate current American board certifications for Dr. Chad. When I searched an American website for board certifications I found he actually had five, and practiced at the National Institute of Health in Bethesda, MD.

I chose Dr. Chad as my lead cardiologist, and have been supremely satisfied.

Six years ago, upon finding I needed an aortic valve replacement, I did an extensive search of Thai cardiologist’s qualifications.

Bumrungrad Hospital’s website lists four separate current American board certifications for Dr. Chad. When I searched an American website for board certifications I found he actually had five, and practiced at the National Institute of Health in Bethesda, MD.

I chose Dr. Chad as my lead cardiologist, and have been supremely satisfied.

I STRONGlY agree with Geezer. Dr Chad is an excellent cardiologist.

Bumrungrad tel 026671000

In 2007 I went to Bangkok Hospital Pattaya. They did an angioplasty. A short time later I had problems. Went to Dr Chad. The angiography showed that the stints inserted were too small!! Dr Chad had to redo the procedure.

I did not have Dr. Manoon from Bangkok Hospital Pattaya. I understand he is good.

Guest buckeroo2

Bumrungrad charges over Bt. 10,000 for the endoscopy alone!

Just for comparison sake - I just had an angiogram and a stent inserted in my leg - two times actually in May of this year - In a U.S. facility - had to stay overnight for heart monitoring - total cost each time - U.S. $45,000. I have 6 stents and I think 3 laserectomies w/o insertion of a stent - it's way too often when the nursing staff at the cath lab knows your waiting family by name.