Guest kjun12

Bangkok Christian Hospital

Guest kjun12

I have personally had problems with Bangkok Christian before as have some of my friends. The latest incident is the last straw. My boyfriend was being treated by a Doctor there for hepatitis. This treatment has lasted several months but last week he told him that he had cancer. This was a diagnosis issued without any test beyond the original blood test and an ultrasound which were administered in the first week of treatment. We went to Bangkok Hospital today where the new Doctor did blood tests and a CAT scan. He informs my friend that there is no sight of cancer whatsoever and the hepatitis is under control This is inexcusable and I intend to write to the hospital administrator about it. It is strongly advised that you avoid this facility.

Of course it is always prudent to get other doctors' opinions when ever there is a serious diagnosis. It is good you did that.

However some people that get just 2 opinions may decide that the most favorable opinion is the correct one. I certainly hope the second doctor made a better diagnosis. Liver cancer is very serious.

May I suggest that you get one more opinion. I the off chance that the first doctor was correct, not confirming the diagnosis can be a terrible mistake.

Right now you have 2 different opinions. Either one maybe correct unfortunately. Even though you add to your cost, it may be a wise choice to get another opinion.

Guest fountainhall

With any serious diagnosis, treble checking is perhaps worth it. What I don't understand is how the original doctor could make a cancer diagnosis on the basis of no specific tests. If cancer has been detected in the first set of tests, then he and the hospital are surely negligent for only bringing it up now. On the other hand, the doctor must have had some basis for making the diagnosis, but I haven't the faintest notion what that would be in the absence of specific testing. Did he give you any reasons?

Guest kjun12

With any serious diagnosis, treble checking is perhaps worth it.

Thanks PattayaMale and Fountainhall. We have taken your suggestion and he is going to Chulalongkorn Hospital for a third opinion. Fountainhall, the Dr. gave no reason for his cancer assessment. I am going to pursue this matter. I am having my boyfriend return to see that Dr. with a friend who speaks Thai to ask how the Dr. came to his cancer diagnosis. If we are not satisfied it is our intention to go to the hospital administration with this issue. Crying together out of fear is not a fun part of life.

Guest fountainhall

If you are not satisfied with the replies from the top people at the Bangkok Christian Hospital, I would be very tempted to politely tell them that mis-diagnosis by the doctor on such flimsy evidence not only resulted in a great deal of additional cost, but also caused you and your bf such fear and anxiety that you reserve the right to take the issue up with your legal adviser. You might even hint that it is an issue that should be aired publicly in the media.

I realise this is not the 'Thai' way, and it may be something you or your bf would not wish to do. But I have found the very mention of lawyers and reporters can sometimes work wonders in a situation like this. At the very least, they may refund some of your earlier payments and pay for the costs incurred at Bangkok Hospital (so make sure you have copies of the receipts with you in an official looking folder!).

Guest HeyGay

. I cannot say enough good things about Chula University Hospital I was Diagnosed with a Throat Tumor in the UK and they said they will have to cut out my tongue, I came to Thailand after my vacation there ended to be told they did not need to cut out my tongue but the latest Tomo Radiation, should cure it after a year I have no further signs of the tumor and the treatment was as good as or even better Than anything the UK NHS could give me.

The Chula may look old and the auxiliary staff not speak much English, but the main Nurses and all the doctors do, the plus is all the doctors look as though they should be in a Soap Opera so handsome and first you not only see a Doctor but mostly a Professor who have trained all over the World I can