paulfort

Any recent experience of Baan Souy?

I am thinking of trying out Baan Souy on my visit to Thailand next month for a change, has anyone stayed there recently and if so would love to hear any feedback.....

In particular ......

• Are the balcony rooms any larger or better than the pool side rooms, or are you just paying a bit more for the balcony?
  • Is the inclusive breakfast OK and and can you enjoy it well in to the day (don't tend to surface that early whilst on holiday!)
  • How easy is it to get back late at night from Boys Town area as normally been within an OK walking distance?
  • Is it pretty well only gay - dont really fancy a load of "hetro Couples" sunbathing arround the pool if I am relaxing with some new found Thai boy!

Any other feedback really appreciated

Welcome to the forum, Paulfort. Sorry, I've no personal experience of this place.

There was discussion on Baan Souy on this thread, starting at post #3: Opinion was divided!

http://www.gaythailand.com/forums/topic/8393-gay-friendly-hotel-in-pattaya/?do=findComment&comment=61433

It's also mentioned in the following threads:

http://www.gaythailand.com/forums/topic/8233-where-to-stay-in-jomtien/?do=findComment&comment=60011

http://www.gaythailand.com/forums/topic/7975-pattaya-hotels/?do=findComment&comment=59252

I spent a week there in August and I'm booked there for another 10 nights in January.

I stayed in a balcony room last time but next time I will be in the poolside rooms as I feel those on the balconies get left out of the friendship etc - but maybe that was my natural shyness when in new surroundings. The rooms were good.

Breakfast was fine, you can choose between healthy choices or a good hot breakfast. Fruit was good, coffee was adequate. You can choose to eat in their restaurant or have it served in your room.

It's mostly gay, whilst I was there I had some ladies from Europe there, where they real ladies though was a question I asked myself many times. They were a delight though and when they left the place certainly went quiet.

Getitng to and from there is simple. A saunter up to the main road and you will be in a bhat bus heading to the beach or into Pattya very quickly. I wondered about this but it was never an issue, was just easy to get around. Never was able to work out how the resorts Tuk Tuk worked, don't know if you can hire it with driver or what.

I enjoyed it, this next trip can't come quick enough. This time my bf and our special friend will be with me for the duration. So half the stay will be in a 2 bedroom apartment there.

The pool is nice, the roof gardens give you the opportunity to sunbathe au natual if you want. The staff were good and were there to please.