Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gay Guides Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

AdamSmith

Deceased
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by AdamSmith

  1. AdamSmith replied to a post in a topic in The Beer Bar
    Time for a little more spice...
  2. AdamSmith replied to a post in a topic in The Beer Bar
  3. AdamSmith replied to a post in a topic in The Beer Bar
    which poster(s) here could this be?
  4. AdamSmith replied to a post in a topic in The Beer Bar
    I one time waited til the docent wasn't watching, then dared to touch -- for who knows what reason -- the 'White Flag' with my fingertip, when it hung in the Jale Art Gallery. Hope I didn't speed its physical demise. As all of Johns's works are now undergoing, those that is in which he used newsprint paper as the underlay to the encaustic. The acid in the cheap newsprint is burning those works up. The various Flags for that reason are all now gone very brown/black.
  5. AdamSmith replied to a post in a topic in The Beer Bar
    YES!!! Thank you!
  6. AdamSmith replied to a post in a topic in The Beer Bar
    https://www.metmuseum.org/art/collection/search/487065
  7. AdamSmith replied to a post in a topic in The Beer Bar
    I kind of agree, @MsAnn! I always wondered a little bit at the cult of de Kooning. He has five or seven or so canvases that I love as Great. But is that enough? His mode spawned an awful lot of second-rate crapola.
  8. Well, I must be then. i am 58 after all! All but used up!
  9. When I was on the glide slope to becoming homeless & destitute in NYC, I let a lot of little boys take advantage of me whom, once I was prostrate out on the street with nothing, came & gathered me in their arms & held me up, until I could stand again on my own. RH obviously never was part of Part 1 of that parable! But maybe the whole of it here makes sense?
  10. The Framers knew it inevitably would. And wrote in inevitable, though also inevitably slow-operating, iron protections.
  11. Your heart is great. But RH and I (and many others! ) have some of what is politely called history. We'll all be all right.
  12. One is, of course, always living five or eight real lives. In Parallel. As it were. [That scene is not actually in Parallel Time, but close enough.]
  13. @RockHard an hour ago sent me a very sweet conciliatory PM. All is good. Friends are going to argue with each other and call each other out on this or that. Sometimes it will have a strong basis in reality; other times it will arise from a simple misunderstanding of some underlying fact. Dinna fret! We are all friends here. And, I think, durable friends. Unlike (just can't resist ) at some other foraminifera.
  14. AdamSmith replied to a post in a topic in The Beer Bar
    'The Connoisseur', by N. Rockwell. Rockwell in the '50s said that if he were just starting out then, he would absolutely be working in the style of the Abstract Expressionists. When de Kooning first saw this piece, he exclaimed, 'Square inch by square inch, it's better than Jackson!'
  15. Many pure-blood Spanish in Mexico. (I will, somewhat oddly, get hit with 'racist' for saying that.) And, our interlocutor's other point, why should we not pursue our 'pure' erotic interests? (Mine happen to be native central/south Americans.)

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.