Everything posted by AdamSmith
-
The Organ
Time for a little more spice...
-
The Organ
- The Organ
which poster(s) here could this be?- The Organ
I one time waited til the docent wasn't watching, then dared to touch -- for who knows what reason -- the 'White Flag' with my fingertip, when it hung in the Jale Art Gallery. Hope I didn't speed its physical demise. As all of Johns's works are now undergoing, those that is in which he used newsprint paper as the underlay to the encaustic. The acid in the cheap newsprint is burning those works up. The various Flags for that reason are all now gone very brown/black.- The Organ
- The Organ
https://www.metmuseum.org/art/collection/search/487065- The Organ
I kind of agree, @MsAnn! I always wondered a little bit at the cult of de Kooning. He has five or seven or so canvases that I love as Great. But is that enough? His mode spawned an awful lot of second-rate crapola.- Tristan Baldwin versus Legendary Dave!
- Tristan Baldwin versus Legendary Dave!
When I was on the glide slope to becoming homeless & destitute in NYC, I let a lot of little boys take advantage of me whom, once I was prostrate out on the street with nothing, came & gathered me in their arms & held me up, until I could stand again on my own. RH obviously never was part of Part 1 of that parable! But maybe the whole of it here makes sense?- The bananization of American political system
The Framers knew it inevitably would. And wrote in inevitable, though also inevitably slow-operating, iron protections.- Tristan Baldwin versus Legendary Dave!
- Tristan Baldwin versus Legendary Dave!
- Tristan Baldwin versus Legendary Dave!
- Tristan Baldwin versus Legendary Dave!
- Tristan Baldwin versus Legendary Dave!
@RockHard an hour ago sent me a very sweet conciliatory PM. All is good. Friends are going to argue with each other and call each other out on this or that. Sometimes it will have a strong basis in reality; other times it will arise from a simple misunderstanding of some underlying fact. Dinna fret! We are all friends here. And, I think, durable friends. Unlike (just can't resist ) at some other foraminifera.- The Organ
'The Connoisseur', by N. Rockwell. Rockwell in the '50s said that if he were just starting out then, he would absolutely be working in the style of the Abstract Expressionists. When de Kooning first saw this piece, he exclaimed, 'Square inch by square inch, it's better than Jackson!'- Tristan Baldwin versus Legendary Dave!
- Tristan Baldwin versus Legendary Dave!
- Taking a Sauna guy on a trip
Many pure-blood Spanish in Mexico. (I will, somewhat oddly, get hit with 'racist' for saying that.) And, our interlocutor's other point, why should we not pursue our 'pure' erotic interests? (Mine happen to be native central/south Americans.)- Call Me By Your Name
- The Organ
Account
Navigation
Search
Configure browser push notifications
Chrome (Android)
- Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
- Tap Permissions → Notifications.
- Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
- Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
- Select Site settings.
- Find Notifications and adjust your preference.
Safari (iOS 16.4+)
- Ensure the site is installed via Add to Home Screen.
- Open Settings App → Notifications.
- Find your app name and adjust your preference.
Safari (macOS)
- Go to Safari → Preferences.
- Click the Websites tab.
- Select Notifications in the sidebar.
- Find this website and adjust your preference.
Edge (Android)
- Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
- Tap Permissions.
- Find Notifications and adjust your preference.
Edge (Desktop)
- Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
- Click Permissions for this site.
- Find Notifications and adjust your preference.
Firefox (Android)
- Go to Settings → Site permissions.
- Tap Notifications.
- Find this site in the list and adjust your preference.
Firefox (Desktop)
- Open Firefox Settings.
- Search for Notifications.
- Find this site in the list and adjust your preference.