Everything posted by AdamSmith
-
Joke for the Day: Add more if you want
- Joke for the Day: Add more if you want
- Happy Thanksgiving
I had an aunt who wanted to be interred in a mausoleum until I noted the frequency of tornadoes in her area. Then she decided she'd rather be safely below-grade.- Happy Thanksgiving
I had an aunt who wanted to be interred in a mausoleum until I noted the frequency of tornadoes in her area.- Rio - just in case you are there
Well, some of them LOOK like they're 700 years old and still spry & sprightly.- Rio - just in case you are there
This is not about Brazil, but on topic of countries mangling one anothers' cuisines: I landed in Japan one time at late dinner time, went to my hotel (in Tokyo), found the only food they were still serving was an "Italian style" buffet. Imagine an Olive Garden with the kitchen staff on a mild dose of LSD. Nothing tasted like what it looked like; obvious the cooks had no firsthand idea of Italian or even American Italian food. But my business colleague and I were both too tired to go out and find some decent Japanese food, so we made do. I set about repairing the damage next morning with a nice Japanese breakfast of miso, seaweed, rice and pickled little eggs of some game fowl. (And thinking: compared to western breakfast of fried eggs, bacon etc., no wonder the Japanese live 100X longer than we do.)- Joke for the Day: Add more if you want
- Joke for the Day: Add more if you want
- Happy Thanksgiving
- Joke for the Day: Add more if you want
- Happy Thanksgiving
What I'm grateful for exactly. (56 in my case.) Having lived 15 years longer than my papa now, and seeing the classmate obits start to inch up in the college alumni mag, this is nothing to take for granted!- Joke for the Day: Add more if you want
- Fart Filtering Underwear
- Black Friday
Wonder what is the shelf life of the average twink?- Joke for the Day: Add more if you want
- Joke for the Day: Add more if you want
- Share Your Holidays
Somehow it always is!- Share Your Holidays
That, in itself, sounds arousing. Actually that is the best cut of beef out of the whole beast. I think I said one time before that I allow myself that about once a decade, given the cholesterol count. Post a picture here!- Share Your Holidays
- Share Your Holidays
I'm cooking the usual turkey etc. My treat will be collard greens flavored with country ham. Which I get from a little store out in the country where I can't quite understand the owners but we manage.- Share Your Holidays
Not the buns?- For AdamSmith and the sake of regularity..
The World Toilet Day initiative (I almost said 'movement' ) is a seriously good thing. Appalling that half of humanity lives with effectively no infrastructure of any kind.- For AdamSmith and the sake of regularity..
Once more, with feeling.- Joke for the Day: Add more if you want
Oldie but goodie...- Notes by Frederick Ordway, Scientific/Technical Consultant on '2001'
Account
Navigation
Search
Configure browser push notifications
Chrome (Android)
- Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
- Tap Permissions → Notifications.
- Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
- Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
- Select Site settings.
- Find Notifications and adjust your preference.
Safari (iOS 16.4+)
- Ensure the site is installed via Add to Home Screen.
- Open Settings App → Notifications.
- Find your app name and adjust your preference.
Safari (macOS)
- Go to Safari → Preferences.
- Click the Websites tab.
- Select Notifications in the sidebar.
- Find this website and adjust your preference.
Edge (Android)
- Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
- Tap Permissions.
- Find Notifications and adjust your preference.
Edge (Desktop)
- Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
- Click Permissions for this site.
- Find Notifications and adjust your preference.
Firefox (Android)
- Go to Settings → Site permissions.
- Tap Notifications.
- Find this site in the list and adjust your preference.
Firefox (Desktop)
- Open Firefox Settings.
- Search for Notifications.
- Find this site in the list and adjust your preference.
- Joke for the Day: Add more if you want