Everything posted by AdamSmith
-
Second Harper Lee novel found
Things that make you go hmm... Go Set a Watchman: mystery of Harper Lee manuscript discovery deepens Lees lawyer claims she found the To Kill a Mockingbird prequel last August, but new report reveals a Sothebys books expert unearthed it three years ago http://www.theguardian.com/books/2015/jul/02/harper-lee-go-set-a-watchman-manuscript-discovery
-
Mastercard and Visa cut ties with Backpage.com
Agree the knife would seem to hang over Rentboy and rentmen now as well. Too bad for all 3 sites. Wonder what would be the revenue potential for a PayPal-like service set up specifically to facilitate any and all transaction types, to include this kind of thing, which PayPal frowns on?
-
Pick a Hot Pink Pal - 7/1/2015
The leetle one on the right!
-
Adam's Boy
- Star of Bethlehem Tonight
Somewhere I saw a "Desiderata for Astronomers" that read in part: ...and no doubt the cloud deck is unfolding as it should... /- Star of Bethlehem Tonight
Thank you for this post! Of course just as I was reading it, clouds rolled in here. But the Sky & Telescope web site will no doubt have gorgeous pics of it tomorrow and subsequently from both pro astronomers and amateurs. (Coincidentally a former editor of fhat magazine, which is published out of Cambridge, MA, was a proudly out gay man somewhat before it was commonplace.) History of the mag: http://www.skyandtelescope.com/about/- Was Hooboy Online Back in 1996?
From Doubles Tennis to Internet Porn: My Year as a Supreme Court Clerk By TED CRUZ June 29, 2015 http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2015/06/ted-cruz-memoir-supreme-court-119529.html#ixzz3eUWjJV4m- Meet Dylan Sprayberry
Between the sheets?!- Rio, June 2015, the secret hand shake
I have heard that in the U.S.! An old-fashioned thing from more closeted times here though.- I Hope I'm Wrong......
"I never thought of marriage as something only for men and women. But I'd never marry a guy I didn't like." - Willie Nelson http://www.texasmonthly.com/story/exclusive-willie-nelson-same-sex-marriage- Now, Back to Our Regularly Scheduled Program....
I say to you againe, doe not call up Any that you cannot put downe; by the Which I mean, Any that can in Turne call up somewhat against you, whereby your Powerfullest Devices may not be of use. H.P. Lovecraft- Now, Back to Our Regularly Scheduled Program....
...gay divorce!- I Hope I'm Wrong......
"It's hard to believe that gay Americans achieved full constitutional personhood just five years after corporations did." Stephen Colbert- MOP: The Massive Ordnance Penetrator
Well... One could argue there was quite a difference indeed between the cost-effectiveness of Gulf I under George H.W. and Powell, and that of Gulf II.- MOP: The Massive Ordnance Penetrator
Also to know when simply to hold them in readiness.- I Hope I'm Wrong......
Nice discussions today on SCOTUSblog.com. From one of them: ...The other fundamental disagreement [between the majority and the dissenters] is over whether constitutional protections for liberty are entirely static or whether, instead, they evolve as human understanding and social conditions evolve. In Obergefell, as in Lawrence and Windsor, Justice Kennedy strongly reaffirmed the latter position. As he put it, “The nature of injustice is that we may not always see it in our own times. The generations that wrote and ratified the Bill of Rights and the Fourteenth Amendment did not presume to know the extent of freedom in all of its dimensions, and so they entrusted to further generations a charter protecting the right of all persons to enjoy liberty as we learn its meaning.” In one sense you can read this as a flat rejection of constitutional “originalism.” That is what has the dissenters so exercised. They want to continue to operate under the Washington v. Glucksberg principle that the Due Process Clause does not protect any form of liberty that was not already protected at the time the Constitution and the Fourteenth Amendment were ratified. They see the alternative of an evolving Constitution as anathema because it allows recognition of new forms of liberty like the right of a gay couple to live together and be treated equally. But Justice Kennedy in fact makes the claim that his view is more consistent with the actual original intent of the Framers – that they drafted our basic constitutional protections broadly so that they would be interpreted differently over time as the world, and our understanding of it, evolve. In his view, the war between originalists and advocates of the “living Constitution” misses the point: evolving protections for basic rights were the original intent. http://www.scotusblog.com/2015/06/symposium-a-fair-and-proper-application-of-the-fourteenth-amendment/#more-229703- Joke for the Day: Add more if you want
Know your car warning lights.- Joke for the Day: Add more if you want
Only in Japan! Women flock to Japan zoo to see 'hunky' gorilla https://www.yahoo.com/news/women-flock-japan-zoo-see-hunky-gorilla-044739619.html- MOP: The Massive Ordnance Penetrator
A 30,000-pound bunker buster. Largest non-nuclear weapon ever: https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/30-000-pound-bomb-could-204800527.html If somebody is going to have one, suppose I'm glad it's us. For now.- Meet Dylan Sprayberry
OMFG ...and best name since Chord Overstreet.- Joke for the Day: Add more if you want
- The Whole Race Thing In Brazilian Saunas....
My black friends in France are in no hurry to emigrate to America.- Joke for the Day: Add more if you want
- Star of Bethlehem Tonight
Account
Navigation
Search
Configure browser push notifications
Chrome (Android)
- Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
- Tap Permissions → Notifications.
- Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
- Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
- Select Site settings.
- Find Notifications and adjust your preference.
Safari (iOS 16.4+)
- Ensure the site is installed via Add to Home Screen.
- Open Settings App → Notifications.
- Find your app name and adjust your preference.
Safari (macOS)
- Go to Safari → Preferences.
- Click the Websites tab.
- Select Notifications in the sidebar.
- Find this website and adjust your preference.
Edge (Android)
- Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
- Tap Permissions.
- Find Notifications and adjust your preference.
Edge (Desktop)
- Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
- Click Permissions for this site.
- Find Notifications and adjust your preference.
Firefox (Android)
- Go to Settings → Site permissions.
- Tap Notifications.
- Find this site in the list and adjust your preference.
Firefox (Desktop)
- Open Firefox Settings.
- Search for Notifications.
- Find this site in the list and adjust your preference.