Everything posted by AdamSmith
-
5 takeaways from the Amy Coney Barrett hearings
This was interesting too. 5 takeaways from the Amy Coney Barrett hearings https://www.politico.com/news/2020/10/14/amy-coney-barrett-hearings-takeaways-429547
-
well isn’t that nice :)
http://well isn't that nice.gif well isn't that nice gif
-
The pianoforte
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GKm7NloL8bA
-
The pianoforte
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=F2Y7FnlkuCg#menu
-
The pianoforte
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FsMR_eH7KQ4 https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FsMR_eH7KQ4
-
InVision platform sw is decomposing
‘software’
-
Amy Comey Barrett, Supreme Court Nominee
Agree in full. If Biden wins, feels like think the country will flip on the presidency today and he will get 2 terms, if he wants the second one. Then I think 2 more terms with Kamala as pres. If that comes about, and if control of the Senate flips this election (or even possibly next cycle), the Court can be entirely remade.
-
‘Steven Mnuchin's Deal Staved Off Catastrophe. Can He Make Another One?’
Very much appreciate those thoughts. I’ve posted this before, but it seems to ring true again. There was a saying during WWII: If you have a job that absolutely must get done, get a Yale man.’
-
InVision platform sw is decomposing
As above said.
-
Billy Graham’s 9/11 Message from the Washington National Cathedral
http://Billy Graham’s 9/11 Message from the Washington National Cathedral
-
Ignored users
Do we not here? I think we do
-
Trump Tests Positive
In so many ways, Kubrick & Clarke predicted it exactly right, way back in 1968. God save us all now.
-
The pianoforte
Of Mere Being BY WALLACE STEVENS The palm at the end of the mind, Beyond the last thought, rises In the bronze decor, A gold-feathered bird Sings in the palm, without human meaning, Without human feeling, a foreign song. You know then that it is not the reason That makes us happy or unhappy. The bird sings. Its feathers shine. The palm stands on the edge of space. The wind moves slowly in the branches. The bird's fire-fangled feathers dangle down. Wallace Stevens, "Of Mere Being" from The Palm at the End of the Mind: Selected Poems and a Play. Copyright © 1967, 1969, 1971 by Holly Stevens. Used by permission of Alfred A. Knopf, an imprint of the Knopf Doubleday Publishing Group, a division of Random House LLC. All rights reserved. Source: The Palm at the End of the Mind: Selected Poems and a Play by Wallace Stevens (Alfred A. Knopf, 1971) More About this Poem
-
Trump Tests Positive
Sorry for this stupidity. An auto-correct function here strangely changed my echoing of your language to the nonsensical ‘criticism,’ must have been some spelling error on my part.
-
Trump Tests Positive
My repost of your post matches the original, on checking. What differences do you see?
-
The pianoforte
As somewhat widely noted at the time, Brian May, one of the greatest rock guitarists of all time, is also now a PhD astrophycist. https://core.ac.uk/download/pdf/295744.pdf Makes one realize by comparison how little one has really accomplished in life.
-
Ignored users
Off the original point, I love how this thread has run all over the map. That’s how all good talk ought to go.
-
The US debt is now projected to be larger than the US economy
Jesus fucking Christ on a raft. No surprise, of course. https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/08/economy/deficit-debt-pandemic-cbo/index.html
-
Trump Tests Positive
I rail against that all the time. Please post a link where I did that or tried to. WTF? I am a professional journalist by trade. If I did that once, I would be in the cemetery.
-
Ignored users
I get & respect what you say here. What I was expressing had nothing whatever to do with ‘playing daddy.’ Rather treating everybody as the equals we all are.
-
The pianoforte
Just to a little bit help get our minds off the current stupidities... https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/S._J._Perelman
-
Ignored users
The forum software is still a mess. I keep getting ‘new message’ & ‘new post’ notices from things opened & read days & weeks ago.
-
Ignored users
This is a tangential line of thought, which we have mentioned before, but to repeat. A good number of intelligent sensitive younger guys enjoy hanging (& more) with middle-aged guys who treat them as full people & adults. And want to genuinely know them, not in any exploitative aspect. Numerous escorts I have been with have been surprisingly shocked by that.
-
Trump Tests Positive
https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/02/politics/donald-trump-coronavirus-covid-19-2020-election/?iid=ob_mobile_article_footer_expansion
-
Ignored users
Tell him to go fuck himself.