Everything posted by AdamSmith
-
An die Freude
So, the whole shebang. What strikes me on watching this is how obviously Lenny melded them together on a common interpretation in rehearsal, and now in performance he is just of course beating time on the one hand, and on the other no more than reminding them of what they want in dynamic and phrasing and expression. Just so sublime.
-
RIP Maya Angelou
One more: http://www.theguardian.com/books/2014/may/28/maya-angelou-american-titan-died-86-appreciation
-
Bilderberg at 60
"Blindly follow"! I will gladly click anybody's link to see what they thought was interesting. But then I am a whore. Also very lazy.
-
Did you know a pope was elected in 1990?
Ah, but the start and heart of the whole problem was really of course Paul.
-
Why aren't there any high resolution videos of UFOs or aliens?
Arthur Clarke once noted that if aliens traveled a thousand light-years to visit us, they would be very unlikely to spend another 300 years lurking around looking for a place to park.
-
Bilderberg at 60
Not at all. But if you find it too much bother to make one click to view the link, possibly you can see how I sometimes find it too much bother to write a bunch of words explaining it. If you generally like my taste in subject matter, take a flyer and see what it is. Or not.
-
Did you know a pope was elected in 1990?
The lack of comment doesn't necessarily mean lack of interest. It was fascinating; I for one just couldn't think of anything to add. My shortcoming; not that of your post.
-
Drugs & sex being added into GDP calcs
http://money.cnn.com/2014/05/29/news/economy/uk-italy-prostitution-gdp/index.html
-
Bilderberg at 60
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/may/29/bilderberg-60-inside-worlds-most-secretive-conference
-
RIP Maya Angelou
Some of her quotes: http://www.theguardian.com/books/2014/may/28/maya-angelou-in-fifteen-quotes
-
RIP Maya Angelou
One of the best tributes I've yet seen: http://www.theguardian.com/books/2014/may/28/maya-angelou-poet-author-dies-86
-
RIP Maya Angelou
Nothing to say. God bless Bill for choosing her for his inaugural.
-
Rent Boy Paradise – The Boy Toy Guide To Gay Havana
The infrastructure collapse happening even as we sleep is of course one of the great national horrors. The legislative glory comes all from new construction projects, but 80% of spending should be intelligently (as opposed to blindly, as now) put toward maintenance. Ach.
-
Rent Boy Paradise – The Boy Toy Guide To Gay Havana
Thank you. Sincerely, as I know you know. To Axiom, for whom I have great feeling for his contributions and his heart, I wanted to apologize for the hijack. But then, on t'other hand, as you RA1 said, I luv luv luv hijacks, & find them the very soul of discourse here.
-
Rent Boy Paradise – The Boy Toy Guide To Gay Havana
From my job i happen to know the divers who pulled the I-35 bridge collapse victims from the waters. So this is only to apologize for my stuff above, and much else.
-
Rent Boy Paradise – The Boy Toy Guide To Gay Havana
Idle engineering note: those airframes were engineered for a 40-year-plus service life, and then over-engineered beyond that, engineers thankfully being the conservative creatures they are. (Well, what's a little I-35 bridge collapse among friends? Or Apollo 1? Or...one begins to see why engineering managers tend not to have peaceful sleep.) But despite just undermining my point my friends in Boeing -- and even, yes, EADS -- are people I would and do trust with my life. Civil engineers, close but not quite as much, now that I think. Thank goodness buildings and bridges do not, generally, have to fly.
-
'Taste thy patient's urine'
I enjoy very much being pissed on, but on my body rather than in my mouth.
-
'Taste thy patient's urine'
Where it all started: http://io9.com/5953234/urine-flavor-wheels-helped-doctors-diagnose-patients-pee-centuries-ago
-
1980s Nostalgia Thread: commercials, themes songs, chart hits, etc.
So to speak
-
1980s Nostalgia Thread: commercials, themes songs, chart hits, etc.
Now you got me hooked!
-
A Little of This Would Go a Long Way to Cleaning Up Wall St.
Buffett recently said he thought financial fraud etc would be much more effectively curtailed by shifting punishment from fining the firms to criminal prosecution of the individuals involved.
-
Johnny B Goode
Here a clip from the project where Keith Richards got Chuck to collaborate. And Chuck fucks around with him, but then drops into dead serious performing mode. Insisting Keith get his chops up to scratch in how to bend the notes in 'Carol.' The only musician on earth who could have anything to teach Keith Richards -- and whom Richards would take it from. http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ClgtoM2RwQY
-
My landscaping project
Could I skip the pool part of the investment and just put the charitable contributions 100% to those needy lads? I do have a bathtub.
-
Johnny B Goode
Like: how he loves playing intimately to a small venue. Loves fucking with his own lyrics -- they are not Canonical Text (but in being Fuckable With, they ARE -- as an English major, I love him.) Like, 'Havana Moon' is a major continuation of the English/American Romantic poetic line. Etc., etc.!!
-
Johnny B Goode
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AEq62iQo0eU So just an in fucking credible example, one among tens of thousands (he performed live incessantly, and still does) of Chuck Berry's live performance genius. I saw him in a like 300-audience venue in New Haven in 1981. Ahhh. Best live performance ever. (He made the prior month's huge silliness I had seen by Billy Idol at Wolf Trap Farm look like a Richie Rich cartoon.)