Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gay Guides Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

AdamSmith

Deceased
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by AdamSmith

  1. Private dance booths in Detroit’s The Rooster have no doors, but are shaped (can’t quite recall how, some little catty-corner turn as you enter or some such) for visual privacy. Thus much can go on in them.
  2. AdamSmith replied to a post in a topic in The Beer Bar
    The word is ‘cooked.’ BBC Says We Only Have 18 Months To Save The Planet From Climate Change https://www.yahoo.com/news/bbc-says-only-18-months-202400939.html
  3. AdamSmith replied to a post in a topic in The Beer Bar
    The more that I hear & rehear his stuff, the more it haunts & frightens me; & by same token the more I see how to continue to go on through time in my own (professional, & personal) things.
  4. I cannot stop watching this.
  5. Actually a pretty good summary here, with examples & history... https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gluttony
  6. When after the dance I took them home to my bed for some mutual canoodling!
  7. Agree wholly. Weirdest casting choice I can think of. Two more opposite personas are hard to imagine.
  8. https://www.3dcadworld.com/hazards-of-technology-prophecy-failures-of-imagination-failures-of-nerve/
  9. I do market research, which is the direct opposite of marcom. So my clients come to me with the explicit question, What are we doing that is so stupid, & what do our (current & prospective) clients want us to do differently to better help them? They are enormously grateful when I can ferret out & discern the end-user needs & realities that their own sales & marketing people cannot, or will not say because it would reveal their own shortcomings. So they engage me specifically not to be “polite,” but instead be brutally honest & direct to them and their people. In fact sometimes (like in consulting to Toyota etc.) senior mgt. hires me to tell their underlings things the bosses themselves already know but could not say themselves, due to those convoluted codes of Japanese business etiquette etc.
  10. Still happening.
  11. Safari on iPhone 6 running iOS 12.1.
  12. AdamSmith replied to a post in a topic in The Beer Bar
  13. Ever since this response to a post of mine: ...every time I visit the site, I get a “new notification” alert about this response. Even though I have viewed it over & over. Oz, if your site programmers are charging you any money at all, it is too much. ...And here in the middle of typing this post, that erroneous notice just popped up again! TWICE!! Argh.
  14. AdamSmith replied to a post in a topic in The Beer Bar
  15. AdamSmith replied to a post in a topic in The Beer Bar
  16. Agree (somewhat, not entirely) with yr second point. Re your first point, the inverse statement of it is my view: if you find and/or stumble your way into your true calling(s), it will make money for you without seeming like work at all. Think we have agreed this point before.
  17. AdamSmith replied to a post in a topic in The Beer Bar
    Jasper Johns https://arthistoryatpea.wordpress.com/pop-art-and-op-art/pop-art/jasper-johns/
  18. AdamSmith replied to a post in a topic in The Beer Bar
    ISSN 1753-9854 Mapping the Field: Lawrence Alloway’s Art Criticism-as-Information https://www.tate.org.uk/research/publications/tate-papers/16/mapping-the-field-lawrence-alloway-art-criticism-as-information
  19. AdamSmith replied to a post in a topic in The Beer Bar
    Oneself of course disagrees profoundly with that assessment of Wittgenstein. Who has taught one how to think maybe more than anyone else. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ludwig_Wittgenstein
  20. AdamSmith replied to a post in a topic in The Beer Bar
  21. AdamSmith replied to a post in a topic in The Beer Bar
  22. AdamSmith replied to a post in a topic in The Beer Bar
  23. A little artfully managed Sloth can also be strongly contributory to success. I sleep 9 or 10 hours a night nowadays, therefore in the 3-4 hours/day that I do my business work, I get more done, and at better quality, than my competitors who drive themselves day & night. Managing and directing one’s bad habits to one’s benefit, I have found throughout life, is vastly more effective than simply trying to fight them. Which seldom works out anyway.
  24. AdamSmith replied to a post in a topic in The Beer Bar

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.