Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gay Guides Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

AdamSmith

Deceased
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by AdamSmith

  1. The Romney campaign just cannot win for losing, it seems. http://www.nationalmemo.com/north-carolina-gop-joins-florida-in-firing-rncs-romney-tied-voter-registration-firm-accused-of-fraud/
  2. AdamSmith replied to a post in a topic in The Beer Bar
    ...My fave shower lines begin, [i{Hail, Fredonia![/i]
  3. P.S. This I understand. I must not have been listening before.
  4. AdamSmith replied to a post in a topic in The Beer Bar
    Why does your pic remind me of this ditty from movie 'Tunnelvision' (or was it Groove Tube?): Ken explained that the marriage was a failure 'Cause neither he nor Barbie had any genitalia!'
  5. A modest corrective: you will see fhat was my reply to Hitoallusa, not to you. You cautioned me not to make everything be about oneself. I concur.
  6. AdamSmith replied to a post in a topic in The Beer Bar
    Actually that face looks like the love child of Peter Pan and Shoney's Big Boy.
  7. Post #12 here: http://www.maleescor...nesday-9-19-12/ As I see that Mcamp has also documented above. Thx. Would I make such a thing up when it can be so easily proved or disproved?
  8. I was recalling your recent post "I wonder if sex addicts get to have all they want in heaven. AdamSmith should be thrilled if they do." Pardon the presumption.
  9. Well...I have recently cut a rug for no less than Eckhart Tolle. And the Vedantas from which he filched his main ideas. But, not to be curmudgeonly only for its own sake, Osteen's 'prosperity Gospel' continues to grate as one of the most corrosive, corrupted derivatives of the profound good that Jeshua and (let me grit my teeth and say it) even Paul derived there from the downspout end of the Axial Age's revolutions. That, regrettably, is only too true.
  10. AdamSmith replied to ihpguy's topic in Politics
    This. Motherfucking. Rocks. (As if Jews have not been the last hope & carriers of Western civ for like 2500 years.)
  11. Best thing I ever heard about La Coulter (has there been a chromosome analysis, btw?!) was by whatever leftie commentator who termed her "that distressing length of gristle." Yep. Instead of one more tedious auto-da-fe, should we not instead simply burn Joel Osteen on a pyre of his own writings?
  12. The Shuttle, having been engineered to be lightweight, is probably not a whole lot heavier than the Roll-a-Board that some doddering idiot inevitably struggles to hoist into the overhead bin directly above one's fragile cranium.
  13. OMG! Train wreck only in the same sense that Liberace was one. This looks to me like it could be Absolutely Fabulous. The casting alone -- sheer poetry!
  14. AdamSmith replied to a post in a topic in Politics
    #5 might alternately be captioned "What Michelangelo Got Paid to Say Happened." Same thing in the end, I guess. When Ben Franklin was charming Paris, one of the philosophes rampant at the time asked another if he knew anything about Franklin's religious beliefs. The other was proud to be able to claim Le Franquelin as one of their own: "He worships Great Nature!"
  15. Why do I suspect that Obama's debate misstep "You're pretty likable" to Hillary in 2008 has no least syllable's risk of being repeated this time around? Axelrod, Plouffe, et al.will be scripting him to the microsecond. One can hardly wait.
  16. AdamSmith posted a topic in The Beer Bar
    By association, for no other reason...
  17. For no particular reason... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YX4A-iSoDiU&feature=player_detailpage
  18. This disingenuousness, given your recent public posts together with contemporaneous private communication, is not quite the kind of honesty on which forthright hope for an acquaintance's recovery might be premised. Why are you embarrassed now to say what you were saying already?
  19. We know each other well enough here for me to ask: Did I claim to have turned over a new leaf? How delightful, if I did. My alcohol addiction continues fierce as ever. Your imputation of a sex addiction on top of that, we might need to converse about a bit more.
  20. Pretty droll... http://www.thedailys...h-way-but-lucid (Sorry, don't know why it is not posting as an embed.)
  21. AdamSmith replied to a post in a topic in Politics
    Newton was a genius. Religiously, he was a crank nutcase. He was in many regards fully as crazy as he was brilliant. You know his bio -- he was just stark raving loony in so many aspects of life outside of fluxions. P.S. Fairy tales are completely scientific. Re-reading the Brothers Grimm, eerie how they prefigured Freud so uncannily. Brothers unwittingly marrying their sister, parricide, Rumpelstiltskin, etc., etc. When I can't sleep, I pull down that book and find GOOD reason to stay awake all night.
  22. AdamSmith replied to a post in a topic in The Beer Bar
    Rephrase thus: Your paranoia is on parade. As MsGuy spelled out, I was giving voice to your thought. Your interpretation of my post as being instead a slight against you is difficult to fathom.
  23. Wonderful question. Thank you. Helps me see new things in a poet I thought I knew before. I think my most favorite lines from this thing are these (don't really understand why, but they are): Shall we be found hanging in the trees next spring? Of what disaster in this the imminence: Bare limbs, bare trees and a wind as sharp as salt? The stars are putting on their glittering belts. They throw around their shoulders cloaks that flash Like a great shadow's last embellishment. It may come tomorrow in the simplest word, Almost as part of innocence, almost, Almost as the tenderest and the truest part.
  24. AdamSmith replied to a post in a topic in The Beer Bar
    No reason, really. Just making a snobby joke on myself about I-am-from-Cambridge-and-I-don't-watch-TV. To EXPAT, of course I dive into these threads sometimes just looking for the excuse to crap on them. Human nature!
  25. AdamSmith replied to a post in a topic in The Beer Bar
    ROFL Standards! Thank you.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.