Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gay Guides Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

AdamSmith

Deceased
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by AdamSmith

  1. Too weird not to share!
  2. AdamSmith replied to a post in a topic in The Beer Bar
    Photobucket sucks shit in the worst way, for this reason. One site that will allow adult photos is www.miamihost.com. Do people know of others?
  3. Great question. One could maybe argue that Goldwater was an early example. Although by comparison with today's nuts he looks like a rock-ribbed icon of sanity.
  4. AdamSmith replied to a post in a topic in The Beer Bar
    Another site that sometimes has nastier, more interesting stuff than Xtube: http://www.youjizz.com/ And no nagging you to sign up, etc.
  5. AdamSmith replied to a post in a topic in The Beer Bar
    Welcome! Tickled to have you here. And your avatar -- perfect! It will age well, too...
  6. AdamSmith replied to AdamSmith's topic in The Beer Bar
    I must have watched the film literally hundreds of times by now. This video is 1 of 6; the others are chained behind it, if you look at the links that come up at the end of it.
  7. ROFLMAO So jealous that I did not think of that line! Would you consider selling the copyright?
  8. AdamSmith replied to a post in a topic in The Beer Bar
    But you contradict yourself.
  9. SHIT! It's also worth noting that Hawking is now on his, I believe, third wife. For all that. Life is worth living, every moment.
  10. Hm. I thought the primary documentation of her craziness was something a bit new on the reportage scene. Maybe I just too much like seeing her flayed.
  11. As with entering anything!
  12. AdamSmith posted a topic in The Beer Bar
    If anyone still cares, this is a fucking fucking fucking fucking fucking incredible video series about '2001: A Space Odyssey.' http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JSTyT7vKuo If I believe in God, Kubrick is Him. He. Whatever.
  13. As a lover of trannies and other oddities, I have to say: your image is too provocative to even think on.
  14. As if we needed to know yet more about La Palin's pathologies... http://www.vanityfair.com/politics/features/2010/10/sarah-palin-201010?currentPage=1
  15. YES!!! Cook County's got nothin' on Jersey.
  16. You can call me a cab. I well understand the horrors that follow from customizing off-the-shelf software. Thus my remark. Maybe just stick a couple quick-links into your custom header? As OZ did by inserting "Click here for message board" into site header, in response to my request last time? Dunno if that is feasible here. But whatever might be possible. Thx in any event.
  17. Without totally customizing the forum software, would it be possible to make the controls for the "Personal Conversation" and "My Message" functions more visible and intuitive?
  18. AdamSmith replied to a post in a topic in Gay Asia
    Thank you, Mark Twain! You are absolutely correct. Let me say it before firecat says it for me: WHEN will I ever get myself over there?!
  19. I like this a lot. It is either the brightest or the darkest thing I have ever read here. Hard to decide which. I like it in either event.
  20. AdamSmith replied to a post in a topic in The Beer Bar
    Look. In 99 cases out of 100, it is plain when someone is posting in good will, attempting to originate or further relevant dialog (even irrelevant, as I so often am guilty of) on an online forum. In the other 1/100 of cases, it is equally plain when someone is posting out of obvious intent to stir shit and inflame other posters and in general throw jellied gasoline around, without any remotest interest in inciting genuine discourse about this or that topic. Even when threads veer into the most incendiary insults of one poster toward another, it is more than clear when posts are staying on-topic. Some of the threads referenced directly or indirectly above have been blatantly obvious attempts to poison this forum with topic-less invective and sewage. This is 'intuitively obvious,' as the more enlightened logicians like to say. 'A thing is what it is, and not something else.' -- Wittgenstein.
  21. Not much consolation, but...it is still infesting my head likewise. If you find a way to get rid of it, let me know.
  22. Besides remembering that the comic strip spelt it 'philtz,' I just recalled the Vat Spirit's response: 'You want that on an LP, or a single?'
  23. The cadence of your reply put me in mind of something, but I just could not recall exactly what. Finally it came to me: one of the Wizard of Id's incantations to his demon in the vat... Frannis in the jim-jam! Frippin on a filtz! Frappis in the frannin With a frim-fram jiltz!
  24. In the troposphere.
  25. I don't think I have heard it put better than that. When Yeats decides to say what's really on his mind, not much to do but duck and cover. ...For love has pitched his mansion in The place of excrement; And nothing can be sole or whole That has not been rent. Well, that is the whole thing about Stevens. Do you think I ever have any idea what he is really talking about? I think you about nailed it in your reply to my posting of Stevens's 'The Owl in the Sarcophagus': '...Wall-eyed, reach for nips!' Imagine what it's like reading him while ingesting even stronger substances.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.