Everything posted by AdamSmith
-
I NEED YOUR Experience
>1) Is the plaintiff's interest getting back the websites or >punishing the others? "Overinvestment" is the cautionary term my shrink liked to use.
-
Last Call... on Forum Login Issues
>So please, if prompted, perform the second login and manually >set 'remember my login'. Also please provide feedback on your >experience over the next week. This manual process should only >be necessary once and not every time or most times for this to >be deemed an acceptable workaround. Worked just now...!
-
Last Call... on Forum Login Issues
>I was a strong advocate for dcfourm in the beginning. I have >continued to be a strong advocate for pushing to make it work. > It seems that we are unable to conquer this beast. Stay >tuned. Sorry, inattentive - forgot some could not post at all. If insoluble, that is a fatal error with only one solution... http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/1085000/imag..._odyssey300.jpg
-
Last Call... on Forum Login Issues
>I would state that its better to have a working, reliable >forum package that's going to work 99.999 % of the time. Well, are we actually in agreement? One could argue that login mode is about 0.001% of forum software functionality. I've had to use and help implement other forum environments with far more irritating attributes than double login.
-
Last Call... on Forum Login Issues
> Our ulitmate solution was to >replace the offending code with something that was readable, >thus comprehendable and developer friendly. Just encountered double-login requirement again. BUT let me stuff the ballot box in favor of sticking with dcforum no matter what.
-
Last Call... on Forum Login Issues
TY, didn't mean this as criticism but only feedback/reportage. As I posted before, double login is, to me, a more than acceptable price for staying with dcforum. Re FF, couple weeks ago they issued a point release 1.5.0.1 which I am running. My experience - it is LESS stable than 1.5, if you can believe that. x(
-
Last Call... on Forum Login Issues
Double-login requirement persists for me tonight. Tried it several times. (Running FF 1.5.0.1, compared to which a piece of whale dung at 30,000 fathoms would look like a fleecy white cloud in the sky.) But I deleted MER cookies, logged into site, and still was asked to log into forum before I could post. Tickled, though, that Member Since date is now showing correct.
-
Last Call... on Forum Login Issues
Same here. Sometimes login from the main site lets me post. Other times, such as now, I still have to re-log in to the Forum. No evident pattern. Currently running Firefox 1.5.0.1.
-
Men v. women
Today's quiz: Is the following (a) grossly unfair, ( true but only part of the story, © the reason we're here? http://www.upfrontezine.com/Figs/sww6-2.jpg Saw this in a PowerPoint presentation at a technology conference the other day and nearly wet myself. Most women in the audience seemed not to object but then they were engineers. As in: Q: How can you tell the men from the women at MIT? A: The men shave.
-
Vietnam??
This is not exactly on point, but...if anyone finds Vietnam inconveniently remote, there is a nice Vietnamese guy based in Portland, Oregon who might tide you over. http://www.men4rentnow.com/fs/126539.3A3E04B2.jpg http://www.men4rentnow.com/ds/index.asp?cm...n=YoungAsianboi Have seen him twice, most recently in December. Review in the works.
-
Britain's Liberals lurching after gay prostitute, alcoholic scandals
The Independent followed up today with an unusually sympathetic portrait of a male escort: http://news.independent.co.uk/uk/this_brit...ticle340705.ece The mandatory tut-tutting appears at the end, but it is at least reserved for johns such as Mark Oaten: "The tragedy of such men is that they must secretly want to be caught," they have a shrink explain.
-
Forum Login Issues -- Good News.... Maybe
Hallelujah! It worked for me too -- even though I'm using the dread Firefox 1.5. Upward!
-
Site Status Update
Here's another vote in favor of double logins, if that's what it takes to stick with DCForum.