Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gay Guides Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

AdamSmith

Deceased
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by AdamSmith

  1. You know I trust & love you without reservation. But your comment here entirely, somehow, misses my point.
  2. My 2 (actually 3, come to think) closest friends in life are people I first met by hiring. They all taught me so much about life.
  3. Canto III: The Gate of Hell[edit] Per me si va ne la città dolente, per me si va ne l'etterno dolore, per me si va tra la perduta gente. Giustizia mosse il mio alto fattore: fecemi la divina potestate, la somma sapienza e 'l primo amore. Dinanzi a me non fuor cose create se non etterne, e io etterno duro. Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate.
  4. Guilty as charged re body builders. Now. As for street trade, the ones I knew in Old Manahatto were, ever & always, on the lookout for the Next Thing. They were alive, they brooked no excuses, they were on the path to real life. The lazy answer is that I just idealized them too much. Permit me to say: Fuck you, in advance.
  5. If I have to use a glycerin suppository before bottoming because I did not eat my fruits & veggies, the outcome is still the same.
  6. OK, the brainless crack was baseless. But street survival, from my observations (both second- and first-hand), requires a fair bit of real-time computing to make it.
  7. Or my rough tough whip-smart little street trade.
  8. AdamSmith replied to a post in a topic in The Beer Bar
  9. AdamSmith replied to a post in a topic in The Beer Bar
  10. AdamSmith replied to a post in a topic in The Beer Bar
  11. 'He pursued Pleasure so avidly as to have had the misfortune of catching her.'
  12. Fairly dull & unedifying way to live, if you ask me.
  13. Putin will run rings round Trump in Helsinki. Bad news for the rest of us Trump’s ‘America first’ rhetoric is a gift to the Russian president, who wants to use it to break up the existing European ordering https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/jul/04/helsinki-putin-trump-america-first-russian-president
  14. That is a very safe life strategy.
  15. You will observe that, at 58 years of age, I am still here. And enjoying things. What is your life philosophy? If you have one to disclose.
  16. I thought I did? (Your next post will accuse me of bad faith in this post. )
  17. There exist easy -- indeed, not even requiring any action on your part -- ways to make evident to them that you are worth more to them alive than dead. As oneself (as a hirer of just-released Rikers denizens) would not have thought necessary to state.
  18. I confess I don't really see the difference between what you said and what I said.
  19. To be sure, I paid them in $, food/drink, clean place to sleep/poop/wash up...but we were friends too, all I'm saying. As Bloomberg accurately said of Trump, 'I'm a New Yorker, and I know a con when I see one.' But OTOH, excessive cynicism about others' motives can ruin your life.
  20. AdamSmith replied to a post in a topic in The Beer Bar
  21. I think there is more to it than that... ...many hiring guys in NYC had way more scoots to offer than I did. But the strip-club kids who liked me I think found me funny, weird, not (too much! ) a creep, interesting over lunch the next day...so went home with me. (Even showed up uninvited in the dark of night, as heretofore described.) @Tomcal is very obviously that way with his guys, many times multiplied!
  22. Classic image! Freedom from Want

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.