Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gay Guides Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

RA1

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by RA1

  1. I think as lot of younger Americans have been allowed to grow up without valuing much of any thing. If they leave a coat at school, no problem, mom or dad will buy a new one. They all have phones, cars, etc. etc. without doing any thing to get them except be alive and an overly protected member of some family or other. To jump to a larger conclusion, in impoverished parts of the world, some times there is little regard for life itself, either their own or another's. The USA led the way to encourage everyone to regard others as equals, worthwhile, etc. Now, to draw the Roman Empire parallel, we seem to be on the way down and perhaps, out. I realize that I used very broad generalizations and skipped a whole bunch of intermediary details but anyone who wants to get it, will. Thanks, RA1
  2. I have never been to South America but I still grieve for all the victims of this accident. I thank you for not jumping to conclusions about the state of air travel or the state of ATC in Brazil. They have problems but also enough problems without "others" jumping on their backs. We can never be totally safe from "modern" conveniences and that includes travel via the airlines. We have to accept that "some" risk is worth the reward, meaning short travel times. We do this every day, whether we acknowledge it or not, by driving to work or cutting the grass or riding a bike in traffic or using electricity or gas to make our lives easier and more convenient. We just don't think about the risks. Air travel has almost reached that level but it never will, just as their will always be home fires, etc. The point being we can never eliminate risk from our lives, especially if we are not willing to accept no convenience. I can tell you how to have absolutely no airline or aircraft accidents; ground and never fly again any aircraft. You don't agree or want that? Then you have to realize and accept the (limited) risks. Thanks, RA1
  3. RA1 replied to TotallyOz's topic in The Beer Bar
    Presently I am sitting 4 feet from my mother. I am the principal caretaker for her. She has never said any thing or asked me if I was gay but I do live alone. She cared for me all those years when I was a kid and now I will care for her. The very good thing about it is she does not try to tell me what to do or criticize me in any way. So, even though it is inconvenient sometimes, she never says any thing if I am running late or cannot do something on a certain day or time. I do have to travel quite a bit and she is left alone by me a lot. Fortunately we both have friends who can keep her company and do things for her as necessary. No one can have too many friends. Just my story. RA1

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.