Everything posted by axiom2001
-
Meio Mundo Last Night
Thanks for the update! It's too bad how this facility is quickly in a vast decline. When I was last there, which seems like decades (2011), this sauna had undergone a redo; its environs were pleasant, and I truly liked. It would be difficult for me to enter this place under the conditions you cited in your post. Hope they get their act together. A lot of money is coming to Rio de janeiro in 2016. Hope the recession has subsided by that time as well, especially for the Brazilians!
-
Sauna scene: Rio in Panic!
Sorry ihpguy, I didn't see your response before I responded!
-
Sauna scene: Rio in Panic!
...have traveled to Rio since 2002: the saunas that I know which have seen a demise are Rogers and Estacao. I got my "first taste" of Brasilian men at Rogers in October of 2002. Before I ventured in, I'd read guidelines at http://daddysreviews.com (which was "Hooboys" prior to his death! Also, on that trip I went to Estacao which was directly located down the street from the Hotel Atlantico Copacabana, a hotel which allowed guests in our rooms without any problem up until 2010. The only requirement from the guests (male or female) was to leave ID. When the guests returned to the lobby to procure their IDs, the desk personnel would ring our rooms to see that we were all right! I liked this! Club 117 has been around for a while; Point 202 not as long. Meio Mundo and now the New Meio Mundo is the "newest kid on the block." Have gone there; ...liked for its natural, down-to-earth ambience amongst the boys!
-
New Gay Hotel in Medellin
Firecat, would you be so kind to elaborate on your bringing guests back to the hotel, por favor! Gracias!
-
Plug adapters
I'm in agreement. When I read the title, I thought of "butt plugs" and dildoes!
-
So cute boys in Prague !
I could 'FEAST" and "OVERDOSE" on this hot cutie! I'm getting hard just by thinking about this sexy young man, who would be "my boy!"
-
British Airways SUCKS
I would have been extremely "pissed" if I had to endure your experience! I would still be bitchin' today and would have filed a complaint in hopes of being compensated in some way!
-
Quick reminder of saunas in São Paulo and Rio
Sorry! What I'd wanted to contribute would not work! Club 117 Meio Mundo Point 202 and a new one. The information you're seeking is at this site. Do an easy search!
-
Quick reminder of saunas in São Paulo and Rio
- The 100 best novels written in English
This is list is acceptable in its own right, but it is devoid of any authors of "color." Ralph Ellison's The Invisible Man should have been listed here as well as one by James Baldwin and Toni Morrison. Did I see any titles by John Steinbeck? These "lists," so to speak are so subjective!!!- AXIOM's Week in Havana, Cuba
Since returning to the States some four months back, I've begun to read and search the net for some valuable and useful information to use during my next trip to Cuba. One source is mentioned in this post: http://www.cuba-junky.com. I really like this site; it gives a list and description and reviews of the hotels, casa particulars, and other lodgings in Cuba. It lists the ones where English is spoken and the ones which are "gay friendly" as well. One of our fellow travelers wrote briefly about the one in which he stayed, or perhaps he wrote about it to me in a private. I plan to return in 2016 with or without a group. By that time I do hope the travel restrictions have been lifted for US citizens. If that has happened by the time of my trip, I'll stay in hotels as well as at casa particulars.- Colombia outside Medellin
Try http://www.Craigslist.comfor a guide. There are ads in the "Travel Section." Consult the M4M section as well. In 2008 I went to Lima, Peru. A guy in the M4M served as my guide. Perhaps you'll be able to find one who's knowledgeable and reputable as well in the cities of Colombia of your future travel.- Rentboy Raided Tuesday
Your words are mine, also, BigK. I appreciate serious and concerned words being written about "rentboy's" major dilemma which has impacted many!- Visiting brazil and looking for another S.A. country to visit
- Visiting brazil and looking for another S.A. country to visit
There is supposedly a "street scene" which is near the US Consulate/Embassy? But if you DO NOT speak Brasilian Portuguese, you'll be out of luck. I wrote the preceding based on what my late gay travel agent who took me via auto to the streets just to view and to let me know of this existence. The only thing I remember is that he mentioned the venue which is near "where the boys hang out!" We drove passed which encompassed about 2 or 3 streets, but neither of us was very impressed. Check out http://www.gaycities.com{Rio de janeiro} and http://www.riogayguide.com. -------- When I visited Rio during my first three visits, I had a bi/gay guide. We did the cultural route; I did my own sauna visits based on the help I received from the salient material which was at http://www.daddysreviews.com. I also asked questions at the site as you're doing here. ...very, very, very helpful, indeed!- This is how bad Brazil's economy is!
The situation in Brasil is very grim economically, very sad as opposed to a year or so back! One of my friends from Sao Paulo, a young man in the tourist industry, posts everyday on Facebook about the situation and his acute dissatisfaction with the government. Because the translation on FB is horrible in terms of Brasilian Portugese, I, at times, can't make out what he's conveying. That part is not his fault because he's quite literate.- I want to Visit Thailand
Check out http://leaveyourdailyhell.com/2014/11/12/three-days-in-bangkok-thailand. This blogger is on my Facebook page; I also receive what he's written via email on a weekly basis. I think he's gay, but from what I've read from him, that part has not officially been revealed. I share this for your reading pleasure as well as for its usefulness to use upon your impending visit!- Rio 10/02/2015 - 10/13/2015
You might consult www.riogayguide.com as well as www.impanema.com as well as www.gaycities.com. Useful information is contained at all three sites.- Brazil Domestic Carriers
- Sauna Adán Madrid : A Coke but Zero Smiles
...have never been to Sauna Adan, but perhaps this particular Tuesday evening was an off night!- Thermas Barcelona Monday Night : Diminished quantity but not quality
...love the simile!!!!- Sauna Thermas Barcelona was Amazing tonight.
Oh, lucky you in being able to travel frequently and widely! You're blessed! I applaud you, man! Thanks for sharing!- Sauna Thermas Barcelona was Amazing tonight.
- A few photos from the last trip to Rio...
What's Pjur [lube]?- Nostalgic for Salvador da Bahia
I have very fond memories of Salvador [bahia] and hope to return in 2017, but the city that comes to me is Rio, my love! Love the two photos. ...woud love to sample! My former taxi driver [escort on the side] in Bahia was hung like this! Wow! - The 100 best novels written in English
Account
Navigation
Search
Configure browser push notifications
Chrome (Android)
- Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
- Tap Permissions → Notifications.
- Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
- Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
- Select Site settings.
- Find Notifications and adjust your preference.
Safari (iOS 16.4+)
- Ensure the site is installed via Add to Home Screen.
- Open Settings App → Notifications.
- Find your app name and adjust your preference.
Safari (macOS)
- Go to Safari → Preferences.
- Click the Websites tab.
- Select Notifications in the sidebar.
- Find this website and adjust your preference.
Edge (Android)
- Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
- Tap Permissions.
- Find Notifications and adjust your preference.
Edge (Desktop)
- Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
- Click Permissions for this site.
- Find Notifications and adjust your preference.
Firefox (Android)
- Go to Settings → Site permissions.
- Tap Notifications.
- Find this site in the list and adjust your preference.
Firefox (Desktop)
- Open Firefox Settings.
- Search for Notifications.
- Find this site in the list and adjust your preference.