Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gay Guides Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

MsGuy

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by MsGuy

  1. LOL, I picture dozens of operatives fanning out from the White House shouting to all, near and far, "GET THE FUCK BACK ON MESSAGE!"
  2. MsGuy replied to a post in a topic in Politics
    The underlying problem is that there is exists no bright, clear line between abortion and infanticide. People formulate all kinds of verbal receipes to avoid dealing with that fact but whatever line you choose to draw dissolves upon close inpection. The hard fact is that there is no natural or scientific difference between the two. Factually abortion = infanticide. Fortunately, there may be a social line: It's whatever a sufficient majority of the population finds tolerable, sufficient meaning large enough to reduce dissenters to the political fringes. ---- My real intent in replying to your post was to get you to look at what your post might look like to someone coming from a different point on the abortion spectrum. I don't think it advances the construction of that social line (whatever it may be) to attack others as fucktard, hypocritical idiots. Just saying...
  3. Who else but the world's greatest Jeopardy player... WATSON
  4. Anything's possible but, with Biden, the smart money is always on it being the VP wandering off the reservation again. Just a guess but I would bet Obama's views won't finish evolving until after the election.
  5. MsGuy replied to a post in a topic in Politics
    Or possibility four: girl friend gets pissed off with the father, so she aborts his baby to hack him off. If it's a question of ability to live independently, why is it murder to leave a newborn in a dumpster? Extra credit: Is a dead dumpster baby still murder if she can't afford to raise it, doesn't love (or worse) the father, and the kid has a birth defect?
  6. MsGuy replied to a post in a topic in The Beer Bar
    Nice shoes like yours, Hito? No problem!
  7. DIVA: a bitchy woman that must have her way exactly, or no way at all. Often rude and belittles people, believes everyone is beneath her and thinks that she is much more beloved than she really is. Selfish, spoiled, and overly dramatic. From the Urban Dictionary. How "O.C." modifies that remains to be seen.
  8. MsGuy replied to a post in a topic in The Beer Bar
    I don't make a habit of dating guys who leave their assault rifles lying around. (Sorry, KMEM, but it had to be said. )
  9. Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0001926/
  10. hmmm...for someone with OCD, you sure do get sidetracked easily.
  11. MsGuy replied to a post in a topic in The Beer Bar
    Not at all, Hoover; the guy feeding the snakes might well have neglected to lock the cage properly. I'm sure you could see them just fine from where you were standing.
  12. It wasn't Russell's conclusions that affected me so much as the approach. The idea that the whole of the belief system I lived in (& very much accepted as self-evident) could be examined and be found intellectually lacking was quite a shock to my system. It was as though the lights had been switched on in a darkened room; the furniture was all arranged just as I remembered it but it sure looked different in the light. I'll go further than you, Hito: I suspect the evolution of enduring, large scale human societies wouldn't have been possible without religion or something very much like it. Accepting a set of religious beliefs as useful is not the same thing as accepting them as true. I know of no reason to priviledge Christian beliefs over Moslem or Buddhist or Santerian (other than it's the dominant belief system we inherited in our particular society & it's tamer forms seem to be compatible with the kind of society we've grown to like). Saying something like "Well, I mean religious beliefs generally, without the creeds." may be worse than useless, as you put the socially beneficial bits at risk without gaining much that I can see.
  13. Oops
  14. Bertram Russell Around age 15, I ran across a collection of his essays ("Why I Am Not A Christian and Other Related Essays"? not sure of title) that opened my eyes to the notion that the worldview I grew up in was subject to being questioned on a serious level by serious people.
  15. If your heirs are anything like mine, your amazing artist will have a retrospective mounted by MOMA about 2 weeks after the paintings are featured at a yard sale by the young darlings.
  16. MsGuy replied to a post in a topic in The Beer Bar
    Now there's a man who knows how to manage his wardrobe.
  17. Strange...I'm 64 and I have a regular garden growing in mine.
  18. MsGuy replied to a post in a topic in The Beer Bar
    Now you tell me! A whole day and 1/2 a night of mopping, cleaning, dusting and straightning up wasted.
  19. MsGuy replied to a post in a topic in The Beer Bar
    Including the insulated boots and the funerals & weddings pair, I have 6 pairs, only 3 of which I wear with enough regularity to keep them broken in. I simply can not wrap my head around owning 375 pairs of shoes. Off and on, I've been thinking of buying a new pair for about a year but haven't gotten around to it yet. Of what conceivable use are hundreds of pairs of shoes? Are there no Goodwill or St. Vincent stores in your town?
  20. It was the same KGB sponsered mafia hit man that was on a certain grassy knoll in Texas. Complete documentation can be found in my upcoming book.
  21. RA1, it's not so much the will itself that's appreciated, it's the resulting cash and tangible assets. "Dear ole Uncle KMEM, how fondly I remember him. Now past me another cocktail, Honey."
  22. Anthony Burgess Earthly Powers (1980) “It was the afternoon of my eighty-first birthday, and I was in bed with my catamite when Ali announced that the archbishop had come to see me.” Ok, I can not imagine how I could possibly have missed reading this 30 years ago, but, if read it I did, I have so thoroughly forgotten it it that it will probably seem like new the second go around. Thanks, AS, now I have something interesting to put on my Summer reading list. Wonder if it's available on Amazon?
  23. MsGuy replied to a post in a topic in The Beer Bar
    Russian...and clearly suffering from a possibly fatal dose of testosterone poisoning.
  24. Lookin, first you need to overcome your shyness about letting your junk hang out.
  25. So did I JKane. I don't know whether I need new glasses or a new brain.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.