Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gay Guides Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

MsGuy

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by MsGuy

  1. Ok, I finally broke down and bumped you off this thread, Lucky. Seeing as I started it, I'm thinking I owe you that much.
  2. MsGuy replied to Lucky's topic in The Beer Bar
    RA1, any industry with high fixed costs, low marginal costs and multiple players acting independantly is structually unstable. All it takes is one firm breaking ranks to trigger a self-destructive race to the bottom. The problem is inherent in the business model.
  3. MsGuy replied to a post in a topic in The Beer Bar
    As The Donald might say, whatcha got against blatant self-promotion?
  4. So now we get a bit of mission creep in Libya. Everyone who thinks the mission here is (or ever was) to protect civilians please raise your hand and sit quietly in the corner until the short bus arrives.
  5. Most govs around the world are not all that big on free expression in the first place. They'd love a technically easy way of surpressing porn.
  6. "Although it's meant to be voluntary, [porno site owners] fear governments could try to mandate the domain's use, so that pornographic content is more easily blocked." Once you have folks wearing yellow stars and living in ghettos, it's much easier to load up the boxcars, Zipper. Better to fight the construction of the ghetto in the first place than to wait until you smell the smoke. ---- Maybe that's too strong an image. I'm of two minds about using it. It's hard for me to judge, so I apologize now if anyone is offended. And feel free to call me an idiot as often as needed. ---- ps for Lookin: my preference is both the pic on the left and the guy on the left.
  7. OMG, Lucky, you've turned into Glenn Beck in your old age!! “"I’m not saying God is, you know, causing earthquakes,"” the conservative pundit said on Monday’s show. But Beck added that he’s “not not saying that, either.” "Whether you call it Gaia, or whether you call it Jesus, there’s a message being sent and that is, ‘Hey, you know that stuff we're doing? Not really working out real well." ’ ---- Torn back ligaments are a bitch to heal. You have my sympathies. I'd offer to include you in my prayers but 1) praying ain't exactly my thing and 2) getting prayed over would likely just piss you off even worse than being compared to Glenn Beck. “
  8. He has such a beautiful face. AdamSmith, be sure to click the link. This guy hits all your trigger points.
  9. MsGuy replied to Lucky's topic in The Beer Bar
    LOL, welcome back, AS. Now prise your head out between those twinkie thighs and come to visit us more often.
  10. The Saudi family are an extraordinarily cautious, conflict avoiding bunch. Things must be getting damned sketchy in the oil patch for them to send their army into Bahrain to prop up bin Said. Keep that gas tank topped off, guys, and hope for the best. ---- oops, the Finantial Times may require registration for the second link to work.
  11. MsGuy replied to Lucky's topic in Politics
    I think both Cris Christie and Scott Walker have the makings of a credible candidate, assuming one or the other craves the nomination enough to thread his way through the primaries. Surely the (R )'s aren't crazy enough to go with Palin or Hucklebee. And Romney's Mormonism still hurts him with Baptists and his prior identification with "socialized medical care" is killing him with the Teabaggers.
  12. MsGuy replied to Lucky's topic in Politics
    The Adminstration is spinning that Crowley hasn't gotten along with Clinton from the git-go. The prop being sold is that he knew he was on his way out soon anyway and engineered a little personal publicity in an effort to land a better post after getting bumped. Whether the Admin's spin has any basis in fact is anyone's guess.
  13. Personally I find your posts filled with delightful little details and asides that lend an air of truthfulness to your narration. You're doing just fine, 12x12.
  14. Lol, my thoughts exactly, Lookin (though I'd likely have kept that last $20 in my pocket ). ---- And thank you again, 12x12, your Rio epistles are much appreciated.
  15. What Lucky said, 12is12. Muy obrigado.
  16. John 20:25 The other disciples therefore said unto him, "We have seen the Lord." But Thomas said unto them, "Except I shall see in his hands the print of the nails, and put my finger into the print of the nails, and thrust my hand into his side, I will not believe." Can't be said any better than that.
  17. Slightly off topic, but I puzzled over this paragraph from the article: "But this is also an era when Broadway productions with gay themes are packaged as family shows, so much so that the casual observer might not have realized that the main characters in the... current revival of La Cage aux Folles were gay lovers." For the life of me I can not figure out how one could stage "La Cage" such that anyone not passed out drunk could fail to realize that Kelsey Grammer and Douglas Hodge were playing gay lovers. Which casual observation leads me to wonder if the author of the Times article is grinding an axe and, just maybe, mis-representing the production of "Priscilla" also.
  18. I concede the field, RA1. I can recognize when I'm out of my class.
  19. hahahahahahaha
  20. LOL, Lucky, I think the real Zeus here just put me in my place. Is the position of Hermes still open?
  21. What folks who admire Fallingwater rarely talk about is the the damn thing would have collapsed of its own weight shortly after construction had the contractor not convinced the owner (over Wright's strident objection) to double the steel support beams of the cantilevered concrete decks. Even with all that extra steel, Fallingwater has had serious structual issues requiring a lot of rehab over the years. He was wonderful at drawings and elevations but Wright never did really grasp the engineering side of the business.
  22. Oh, lordy, Zipper! Someone please fetch me my smelling salts.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.