Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gay Guides Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

MsGuy

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by MsGuy

  1. MsGuy replied to BiBottomBoy's topic in Politics
    I think that, given its druthers, the administration would have limited US involvement in Libya to tsk tsking from the sidelines. And I suspect in terms of pure US interests the administration would have been right. Further, we have repeatedly warned the Europeans of the dangers of getting half-way involved in this kind of situation. But England and France are important US allies. They give every evidence of having self-defined intervention in Libya as critical to their national interests, and that's simply not something they have the assets to accomplish on their own. They need our c&c, battlefield intel and, at least initially, our stock of cruise missles and stealth bombers. Under these circumstances, I can see why the US would reluctantly agree to backstop their military intervention, much the same as when we quietly backstopped England's war with Argentina. Sometimes it's their call; that's the way alliances work. Just as long as it's THEIR troops on the ground if it comes to that. Their call; their troops. I'm praying that Obama made that abundantly clear. ---- LOL, BBB, you've been watching way too much French TV. ---- Alanalt, I have no idea why Canada has signed up for this potential mess of dog barf, other than its traditional kneejerk Anglophilia may have over-run its good sense. Who knows, maybe your PM was distracted by the on coming no confidence vote.
  2. My thought exactly, BBB.
  3. MsGuy replied to BiBottomBoy's topic in The Beer Bar
    What ya got against Lookin?
  4. MsGuy replied to BiBottomBoy's topic in The Beer Bar
    Oh, somewhere in this favored land the sun is shining bright; The band is playing somewhere, and somewhere hearts are light, And somewhere men are laughing, and somewhere children shout; But there is no joy in MERville - mighty Tampa has struck out.
  5. MsGuy replied to a post in a topic in The Beer Bar
    FourAces, unless something slipped by under my radar, travel to Cuba by US citizens without relatives in Cuba is still restricted. Let me know if I missed something because Oz has promised to sponsor a 10 day stay in Havana for TY and me as soon as the State Department unclenches its asshole about US tourists. Come to think of it, Oz, why can't you get us in under the exemption for reporters? We could do an in depth investigation of the working conditions for rent boys in metro Havana. Exclusive articles and videos to MER, of course.
  6. MsGuy replied to a post in a topic in The Beer Bar
    Greatness, you rascal, why didn't you tell me you'd be posting here! I was just thinking that hito's post over on the "Daddy" thread sounded oddly familiar in tone. Well, I've missed your voice and I'm overjoyed to see you here. Welcome to a new home; post however you like. Just please be ready with a pinch of your unique pixie dust whenever our fangs start showing. PS Over here KMEM is RA1. You're not the only one to pick a new nic for MER. oh, and the "Daddy" who makes an occasional post over here is absolutly not the same Daddy as over there.
  7. I have some real doubts in my own judgement in posting this but sometimes you just gotta do as the spirit moves you. ----- Guys, what business is it of ours if a group of men freely chose to use their own money to front Daddy's expenses to attend PS? Or, if it comes to that, choose to do so again next year? It's their money, they can allocate to whatever uses trip their trigger. Personally, I find all this sneering at Daddy for having to depend on the goodwill of his friends to attend the PS weekend unpleasant and unbecoming to MER's good reputation. I have no problem with sharp discussions here of the way Daddy runs his board if for no other reason than he is unlikely to allow his decisions to be seriously questioned there. I have participated in a few such threads myself. But the private decision of Tom and others to sponser Daddy and his private decision to accept is not a fit subject for our public discussion much less our public derision. By all accounts, a good time was had by all. By all accounts, Oz and Daddy (& Lucky and all others with grievances against Daddy) behaved like gentlemen throughout the event. By all accounts, none of the public functions were ruined by his presence; some (not all) found his attendance to be a bonus. What good does all this mean spirited posting accomplish now?
  8. MsGuy replied to BiBottomBoy's topic in The Beer Bar
    You bastard! I spewed coke onto my keyboard laughing. Do you have any idea how hard it is to clean that stuff out?
  9. Sorry, BBB, but I ain't about to click on that link. I already spent over a week in December scrubbing a nasty virus out of my computer.
  10. MsGuy replied to a post in a topic in The Beer Bar
    I learned that Daddy and Oz could hang out together for a whole weekend without either needing to bury a body out in the desert. Who would have thunk it?
  11. USA! USA! USA! (Thanks, Lookin)
  12. "So are we having Swedish, shiatsu or deep tissue today?" That would do it for me.
  13. BBB, you don't fool me one bit. You are a sweet natured sot and posted this just as kindness to Lucky.
  14. God Almighty, BBB, I'm fairly hard to gross out but this stuff is a little over the top. "Possing the Rent Boy" When I try to put myself in the head of someone who would get off on this fantasy, I really get a creepy feeling.
  15. MsGuy replied to a post in a topic in The Beer Bar
    Straight or not, he still has one cute twink butt.
  16. Hahahahahahaha, sorry about that! I blame it on my great great great grandfather's pirate blood coming out in me.
  17. Well, you certainly sniffed out our biggest pair of kahunas to introduce yourself to, so you're doing pretty well right out of the gate. Kick off your shoes & make yourself at home. If you have half the fun I've had posting and visiting with the guys who hang out here, you'll count your time well spent.
  18. Damn, I got here too late. All that's left of lookin's naked guy pic is the dreaded red x. And I always enjoy his pic selection.
  19. 12is12, I can't thank you enough for these posts on Brazil. I've read every one with enjoyment.
  20. And, just to beat the point to death, let's not forget this isn't just for the USA. All kinds of folks internationally are going to be affected by this xxx.com decision.
  21. MsGuy replied to a post in a topic in The Beer Bar
    One of the inherent difficulties of a freely expressed opinion is that it may gin up quite a lot of equally energetic speech in opposition. Suck it up, Zipper, and roll with the punches. And be it criticism, attack or just a grumpy morning, know that we still love you, Zip.
  22. MsGuy replied to a post in a topic in The Beer Bar
    BBB, you need to be more specific. Which photo did you need for TY to delete?
  23. Ty, I doubt that Apple saw failure to ban an app as the equivalent of an endorsement of it by Apple but, yes, that's exactlly the pickle they got themselves into when they started down this road. ---- The notions underlying free speech are foreign to our natural inclinations. It requres quite a lot of education to accustom folks to permitting advocacy of stuff they personally find repugnant. Seems to me you are missing a "teaching opportunity" here to reinforce the idea that shutting up wrongheaded people is a dangerous business. ---- Damn, I'm starting to turn into Lucky. Time for me to exercise a bit of self-censorship and shut the hell up. Sorry, copyrighted image removed. TY
  24. TY, Apple set itself up for this hoorah when it decided to censor apps. And it not entirely clear to me why folks who run/patronize a site like MER would be cheering on censorship by internet mobs. Hmmmmm?
  25. MsGuy replied to a post in a topic in The Beer Bar
    Hahahahahahahaha!!!

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.