Everything posted by MsGuy
-
Ricky Martin at the Grammy's
Proof positive that not all gay guys have a sense of fashion. Jeez!
-
I'm a GLEEK
Marc, gotta love your knack for putting things in their proper perspective!
-
Meet Chord Overstreet and Darren Criss
- Meet Chord Overstreet and Darren Criss
Well, pop my balloon, why don't ya! You mean they can't really sing? Tech challenged as I am, I didn't even suspect they could do that kind of stuff until I googled auto-tune.- Look Who Is Number One!
For the MER thread, look here. Or you could google "George Alan Rekers".- Thoughts for Lucky
I regret this has happened, Lucky. I'm sure the presence of her son was a comfort to your mom. It was for mine.- Domain Seizures Could Give License To 'Censor The Internet'
"The domain seizure process does not appear to give targeted websites an opportunity to defend themselves before sanctions are imposed," Any government agency allowed to act without due process will abuse its powers. It's in the nature of the beast.- Super Bowl Time
Now there's a last sentence I can buy in to.- Super Bowl Time
Ok, OZ, I was buying that bullshit hook, line and sinker right up until your last sentence. But trying to get me to believe there's a native-born Alabama boy breathing who roots for both the Tide and the Tigers was going a step too far. Now you've got me wondering if you're even in Thailand. Maybe you just paid a standin to fake off Lucky. Hmmm....- Just Not Feeling Lucky
I'll do my best but I doubt I'll be much of a match for Rockhead if he show back up.- Egypt
1) Every Egyptian president since King Farouk was bounced by an Army coup in 1952 has been a former career military officer. All but Nasser were generals. 2) The Army has its fingers in a hugh swath of the Egyptian economy. 30% of the formal economy (by some estimates) is affiliated one way or another with the military. 3) The overwhelming bulk of US aid to Egypt since the Isreali peace treaty has been directed to the military. 4) The officer corps is generally secular and nationalist in outlook, not Islamist. Officers on all levels are well paid, respected in society and have no particular prospects of a decent life/career outside the military. Senior generals can live a quite lavish lifestyle. 5) In a country of around 80 million, the military numbers about 450,000 fairly well trained active duty personnel plus about the same number of reservists. 6) The Army has a 60 year history of squashing every attempt by the Muslim Brotherhood to take power in Egypt. And unlike Iran under the Shah, the Army has a firm identity and organization separate from the government. ---- I'm thoroughly confused by what's going on over there but I suspect all this Western hoorah about an Islamist takeover is way overblown. Mubarak may go, now or later, big whoop. The Army remains intact. I doubt the military will sit in their barracks and hand over their country to the Brotherhood. If nothing else, the officer corps has a good deal of Islamist blood on its hands and can recall what happened to the officer corps in Iran when the Mullahs took charge. This is an Egyptian problem. I suspect the best thing the US can do, even from a view of its own narrow self-interest, is to let them work out things for themselves. In the current circumstances, for the US to publicly press for a particular result would probably amount to a kiss of death for whatever we are advocating. Just my 2 cents worth. That and 5 bucks will get you one of those high dollar mugs of coffee.- Just Not Feeling Lucky
Somebody calling himself Rockhard dropped in for a visit but then flounced right back out. Said we were entirely too tedious for his taste. ---- Welcome back, Lucky.- Iowa student addresses gay marriage before legislature
And unless my gaydar is busted, not even bi-curious, Conway Down, boy!- Iowa student addresses gay marriage before legislature
- Just Not Feeling Lucky
Lucky's just back from a week in Thailand. He's probably resting up from his adventures. I'm sure Charlie would have said something if anything was wrong.- A few personal thank you's
Well, I walked right into that swinging door, didn't I. When will I ever learn... ---- Come to think about it, it's been a while since we've heard much from MERDaddy. Hmmm.... ---- Just noticed this bit of evidence from down in the Sandbox: "What a shame that some guy would come along pretending to be Daddy. Take it from me- he will never post here." Rockhard.- Prince Alberts
To each his own, but just looking at it hurts.- A tribute to Michael Jackson you don't want to miss!
I doubt that's what Mom intended when she was paying for Julliard, but I liked it.- January is DeLurker Month
Yeah!!!! I won!!!- A few personal thank you's
Bless your heart, Rocky, you registered just to point that out for us. What a sweetheart.- January is DeLurker Month
Last call to get in your 25 posts, folks. Great promo idea, OZ. I'm so looking forward to those free porno movies.- Lucky in Thailand
I've greatly enjoyed following your trip reports also, Lucky. Thanks for making time in your schedule to keep us stay at homes entertained.- My favorite line from the SOTU Speech
Michele Bachman can be counted on for at least three really good deranged comments?- Klein Throwing 21 year old A B-day Bash
Well, maybe not completely blind. I've read that he fronted the money for plastic surgery to pretty the BF up a bit.- Would you ever take someone back after they lied to you, and why?
and You haven't broken up, you have had a major falling out. And as Lurker says, only you can decide how to proceed from here. ---- One problem is that BF already knows from 7 years experience that lies upset you, knows that enough lies will get him booted and "knows" that eventually you will take him back. How you are going to resolve that problem is beyond me. I went through a similar trial with a BF of 5 years and failed miserably. - Meet Chord Overstreet and Darren Criss