April 16, 201115 yr Amazing, Austin was number one and Dallas was number two. Read this to find out the rest. Overall: 1st = Most sex-happy, 100th = Least sex-happy Other Statistics: Condom Sales: 1st = Most Birth Rates: 1st = Highest STD Rates: 1st = Highest Read more: http://www.menshealth.com/mhlists/metrograde-sex/?cm_mmc=DailyDoseNL-_-04152011-_-HTML-_-dek#ixzz1JeI7vfr8
April 16, 201115 yr Active Members These types of articles are designed to put maximum ads in front of your nose. The info could have been presented on one screen with scroll bars, maybe. No need for stock photos to thumb thru one screen at a time, to get once city at a time.
April 16, 201115 yr Could someone please explain to me, exactly what a "sex-happy" city is? I looked it up in Webster's but it was not very enlightening.
April 16, 201115 yr I'd still be wary of Dallas. I read a year or two ago that it has the highest rate of HIV infection of gay men of any major city in America.
April 16, 201115 yr Active Members I'd still be wary of Dallas. I read a year or two ago that it has the highest rate of HIV infection of gay men of any major city in America. And Austin has a crappy escort scene. Drugged-out hustlers.
April 16, 201115 yr Active Members Could someone please explain to me, exactly what a "sex-happy" city is? I looked it up in Webster's but it was not very enlightening. In the context of this article, "sex-happy" = high on-line condom purchases: high STD rate; and high pregnancy rate.
April 16, 201115 yr PR? Sensationalism? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Best regards, RA1 Yeah. This looks like page views to me, especially so soon after SXSW.
April 17, 201115 yr So, you think they are going for page views by announcing that if you visit their city you'll get either pregnant or infected because none of their dudes wear condoms?
April 17, 201115 yr So, you think they are going for page views by announcing that if you visit their city you'll get either pregnant or infected because none of their dudes wear condoms? I think that any occasion to use Austin in an article so soon after SXSW is OK for them. It's like that dude who raised his page rank by berating his customers - they went online to complain, linking to his site, and boom, his sales went through the roof.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.