Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gay Guides Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Samsung galaxy S4

Featured Replies

anyone have this phone I'm thinking of dropping the iphone4 getting this as my next upgrade. to many problems with the iphone 4 and at&t bad service after 10 years with them. thinking of this phone with verizon

If you didn't have to put up with Android apps which are so inferior . . .

  • Active Members

If you didn't have to put up with Android apps which are so inferior . . .

Except for default Google Maps / Navigation... and anything you would like to interact with the system further than Apple will allow it to.

I've been considering the S4 too. Thing is ATT has the most compelling version, the Active. Except I've not yet had a problem damaging my phone with water or covering it in food (the main danger shown in the ad).

the Active. Except I've not yet had a problem damaging my phone with water or covering it in food (the main danger shown in the ad).

LOL Exactly. I'm waiting for the Mad magazine response -- some highly offensive ad for a 'Spaz' phone. :lol:

  • Active Members

I went to Verizon once for a broken phone. They opened it up and said they have a white spot there that if it discolors, it means your phone has een exposed to water, thus voiding your warranty coverage. Even sweat can do this. I had no memory of my phone being exposed to water, but they said it had, and they get the last word.

BTW, I hate the Samsung Galaxy4. Worst phone I ever had. And I'm stuck with it.

I don't think sweat can do that. You could have argued battery leakage since it was never exposed to water. I don't know who can sweat that much to cause a white spot inside the phone.

I went to Verizon once for a broken phone. They opened it up and said they have a white spot there that if it discolors, it means your phone has een exposed to water, thus voiding your warranty coverage. Even sweat can do this. I had no memory of my phone being exposed to water, but they said it had, and they get the last word.

BTW, I hate the Samsung Galaxy4. Worst phone I ever had. And I'm stuck with it.

anyone have this phone I'm thinking of dropping the iphone4 getting this as my next upgrade. to many problems with the iphone 4 and at&t bad service after 10 years with them. thinking of this phone with Verizon

Since I'm considering an iPhone, I'm curious about what sort of problems you had with the phone (not with AT&T).

keep in mind its the iphone 4. it has signal issues. mostly bad antenna placement issues. about 3 weeks ago it started getting really bad. ive been in this apartment for 3 years. no problems until 3 weeks ago. I can go out on the highway get 5 bars. in this apartment 1 bar. not sure if its the phone its self or AT&T. The data even drops from 3g to edge a few times. they recently issued a report on cell carriers and AT&T came in dead last. Verizon 1. 2. t mobile 3 sprint and finally AT&T. only thing I don't care for is the size of that galaxy 4. its huge. they also have a new droid razr coming out july 23

My 4s is the best phone I've ever owned. It will be difficult to ever get me to upgrade unless I wear it out someday.

I don't think sweat can do that. You could have argued battery leakage since it was never exposed to water. I don't know who can sweat that much to cause a white spot inside the phone.

I once sweated onto my BlackBerry and short-circuited it beyond repair. The Verizon store looked at it and assured me that sweat is quite capable of damaging a cell phone.

I wipe my cell phone with water based wipes daily sometimes my hands are wet when I operate my phone but never have experience such a thing. I guess you sweat a lot... ^_^

I once sweated onto my BlackBerry and short-circuited it beyond repair. The Verizon store looked at it and assured me that sweat is quite capable of damaging a cell phone.

I guess someone gave you quite a work-out - or vice versa. ;)

I guess someone gave you quite a work-out - or vice versa. ;)

It was not even during phone sex!

...and sweat, not lube. I swear. :lol:

(In truth it was a small, especially fragile model of BlackBerry that I did not like in any event. When it died I resurrected a previous BlackBerry that was a brick shithouse by comparison, and could take any amount of moisture, so it seemed.)

  • Active Members

only thing I don't care for is the size of that galaxy 4. its huge. they also have a new droid razr coming out july 23

I'm also not wild about the size, and will miss having a real keyboard... But for size, there is also now a G 4 mini, and soon to be an HTC One mini.

for reception imo Motorola phones are the best. I think allot of companys are forgetting a phone needs to be a phone first and a computer second

I went to Verizon once for a broken phone. They opened it up and said they have a white spot there that if it discolors, it means your phone has een exposed to water, thus voiding your warranty coverage. Even sweat can do this. I had no memory of my phone being exposed to water, but they said it had, and they get the last word.

BTW, I hate the Samsung Galaxy4. Worst phone I ever had. And I'm stuck with it.

Yes and no ... it is true that there is a little white tab if you will usually under the battery of each cell phone. If it is exposed to water or liquid it turns red color. Many times people, like you, who have not had your phone exposed to water unintentionally got it wet during the rain or from extreme steam. The sweet BS they throw out is just that.

I don't think sweat can do that. You could have argued battery leakage since it was never exposed to water. I don't know who can sweat that much to cause a white spot inside the phone.

Many batteries also have a liquid indicator.

I went to Verizon once for a broken phone. They opened it up and said they have a white spot there that if it discolors, it means your phone has een exposed to water, thus voiding your warranty coverage. Even sweat can do this. I had no memory of my phone being exposed to water, but they said it had, and they get the last word.

BTW, I hate the Samsung Galaxy4. Worst phone I ever had. And I'm stuck with it.

Lucky you are stuck with the two year contract not the phone. You might want to sell it on ebay for near full retail. Then purchase a phone you prefer. Over all it might cost you a extra $50 between the two but probably worth it, at least to me it would be.

Since I'm considering an iPhone, I'm curious about what sort of problems you had with the phone (not with AT&T).

Wait till the refresh hits in October. The iPhone simply works its no longer cutting edge but its right up there. If you want to phone you do not have to mess around with or do not like technology go with the iPhone.

for reception imo Motorola phones are the best. I think allot of companys are forgetting a phone needs to be a phone first and a computer second

If you can hold out till October you will have better choices. The Moto X is coming and many others.

btw the difference between AT&T and Verizon is technology. On Verizon the voice quality will sound different than AT&T. Personally I would shy away from the S4 unless you really will use all those bells and whistles.

this is why i have to drop at&t the grey zone is a dead zone. the yellow is i moderately call drop the reds a heavy call drop and the blue dots my ass lol

tumblr_mq7bfkIscs1r16salo1_500.png

What a pain. :pinch:

I have to say for all their faults, Verizon has built one hell of a wireless network. I've always used them and never had coverage problems anywhere I've traveled.

t mobile even pings better here than at&t

tumblr_mq7if8L9D01r16salo1_500.png

T=Mobile is a good alternative. Their no contract plan lets you pay for a device over 20 months without a contract. I also like Verizon but they are way too expensive compared to what is happening in the industry right now.

I noticed that I pay at&t 92.00 a month for unlimited calls, texting and 2gb of data I can get that for 50.00 at tmobile


I had apple unlock my phone yesterday since i'm out of contract just pop a t mobile card in if I wanted too and change or keep same number


Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.