Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gay Guides Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Obtaining Cash in Thailand

Featured Replies

Does anyone have wisdom to share regarding use of cash (BAHT) while in Thailand?

How much to take with?

Where to find best rate while there?

Use of ATM (which bank) or best exchange house?

Or do I just use my credit cards?

I never use credit card unless hotel or large store purchase.

Riches on Silom, there are a few around the city, usually has the best conversion.

Atm is what I use. But keep in mind they charge 180 baht service charge. I have a card that doesn't charge me.

Thais like cash. The U.S. Rate is as Google as I have seen in a long time right now.

Might you be so good as to tell what bank that card is with?

I trust you are referring to an ATM card.

If it is just for one trip, use your ATM from your home country and get cash out. I'd take 30k baht which is less than 1K. That will last days.

If you are going over and over, open a Thai bank account and transfer money there. It is easy to do and cheap. It doesn't pay high interest but worth it.

I have always used ATM with no issues there.

My ATM and credit cards are with Chase. Most major bank have fee free if you have the right type of account. Just check with your bank.

ATMs are everywhere

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.