Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gay Guides Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Selection of Clothing For Thailand etc

Featured Replies

10 hours ago, colmx said:

The M&S trekking shorts are on special in some colours at the moment and will probably be on clearance quite soon.

 

I find them very good, with good storage and a nice stretch, although I will get an inch chopped off my latest ones when I get to Thailand in the new year

Where do you go for your modifications ?   

There are plenty of people with sewing machines around in Thailand, however finding someone with the skill and aptitude to do something like re-lining a pocket, adding a pocket or adding a zip is another matter.    All of which are possible according to You Tube.

When I've been browsing in M&S & Next, their shorts tend to fall short of my "tropical specifications" due to being heavy, cotton and generally lacking pockets with zips.  Might be time to have another look. 

Sadly closed now, but for many years I had used a little mother and daughter laundry on Soi 6, always reliable, and also able to undertake basic repairs and alterations to my clothes as required for very small sums. 

I would suspect there are on many others similarly capable and willing to do the same?

14 minutes ago, Vessey said:

I would suspect there are on many others similarly capable and willing to do the same?

Capability/aptitude is the issue with the few I have tried.

Replacing the useless mesh lining in the pockets of the North Face shorts ended up as a shoddy patching job, which will last until a hole appears elsewhere.

Another one was closed on the date when I was supposed to collect & it wasn't done the day after.  The feckless proprietor was sleeping on the floor doing naff all.

 

Of course, there must be someone skilled & capable of doing more than the most basic of repair.   However, I have not yet found them.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.