flugg

Gay Golfers in Pattaya

There are many Golf Societies in Pattaya, mostly or all of them attached to a bar. Is there any gay golf society around or are all gay golfer in different societies or only playing private? I guess I am not the only one playing with balls and handle hard shafts outside in the green... I am with Sugarshak by the way...

Guest lonelywombat

Going back 7/8 yrs when Ian Mc Knight was day manager of Le Cafe Royale, there was a regular golf club for gay men who came to Thailand to play golf, and Ian organized the bookings,transport and if necessary arranged partners for solo golfers.

To qualify you had the be a house guest of LCR.

From conversations at the bar and over dinner, I was told the golf courses were world class, or within the range of what they could afford. It is a pity that new management is no longer caring about attracting any new groups to Pattaya.

Guest ryanasia

Going back 7/8 yrs when Ian Mc Knight was day manager of Le Cafe Royale, there was a regular golf club for gay men who came to Thailand to play golf, and Ian organized the bookings,transport and if necessary arranged partners for solo golfers.

To qualify you had the be a house guest of LCR.

From conversations at the bar and over dinner, I was told the golf courses were world class, or within the range of what they could afford. It is a pity that new management is no longer caring about attracting any new groups to Pattaya.

Not sure it is they don't care. Golfing is a very niche thing and gay golfing even more so. They may not have the numbers to justify it or they may not have a manager who he himself golfs.You aren't going to randomly pull this off if you aren't a golfer. 

Guest lonelywombat

Had a reply from one of those golfers, who I have never met. He mentioned LCR had several local golf fanatics that were given extra bar privileges, and had contacts on all courses. He said they never played the same course twice in any visit, partners were rotated and solo golfers were introduced to each other on the patio prior to evening drinks.

He made the following points

1 not all golfers were gay but friendly enough to stay and drink after hours at LCR.

2 he saw an ad for gay friendly golfers to visit Pattaya for a golf "expedition", playing on challenging courses. The ad gave links to  up to a dozen courses. 

3 local golfers from each course were roped in where necessary to make up fours or play with a solo golfer.

4 few explored Pattaya mostly spending their cash at LCR 

Other than posting for the sake of posting no one has contributed anything of use to the O.P. Have you overlooked the fact that he is looking to join a group of gay golfers NOW?

Other than posting for the sake of posting no one has contributed anything of use to the O.P. Have you overlooked the fact that he is looking to join a group of gay golfers NOW?

Thank you DThump - I see many bars/restaurants with a golf society and they do really well with this. They are not making a huge profit out of organizing the trip but from the mere fact, they have many people coming in for breakfast before the trip and staying afterwards for several drinks and/or dinner after the golfing. Most of this bars bars would not have a chance for a profit a the end of the month without running the golf as well. 

Seeing that many gay bars in Pattaya are opening and closing down after a short period of time, I wonder why no gar bar is running its own society. It‘s a relatively small additional effort considering the fact the bar can make an extra 1x’xxx in food and drinks on the this days. 

Guest FossilGay

Seeing that many gay bars in Pattaya are opening and closing down after a short period of time, I wonder why no gay bar is running its own society.

That's because there are too many holes and not enough putters among their customers.